Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mom









Last year at this time......


I was so not enjoying this version of Mother's Day, though this was the first time I had ever held the peanut.



This year is tons better.




Where would we be without the mom's in our lives? No matter if they are literally your mom, or have some sort of maternal impact on your life, they are our support system. They love us unconditionally, something I think I take for granted at times.



My mom is awesome. Especially right now. She's been running around like crazy planning a wedding, a family cruise, helping out with her own sick mom and cheering on her family. She watched her third child graduate from the U this weekend, and will watch that same daughter get married in three days. And she does all of her busy life with a smile and hardly any of that stress showing. My mom is just like that. She's the best.



Susan watched Brooklyn this weekend while Whitney went through the temple. She had the touch. A woman who has raised 9 kids would. But Brooklyn didn't give her any trouble even when getting down to sleep - and that's saying something! My mother-in-law is awesome too. She is energetic, involved and just so kind. Her son got a lot of her fabulous qualities, lucky me.



And now its my turn to evaluate my role as a mom. I still feel 18, so it jolts me a little when I look at Brooklyn and realize she opened a whole new world for me. The mothering instinct kicks in immediately. You would do anything for your child, give them the world, take away the hurts, take on their life challenges if you could. Love is a powerful thing. How grateful I am to be a mom. Life is just plain funner this way. Not better (because the other thing I wanted most in this life was to be a wife - and Roger provided that for me), but so much happier. So much more entertaining. So much purpose in life. Oh how I love my little Rogerette!



Happy Mother's Day to all of the mom's out there! We thank you for your examples, your support, your love. This generation is striving to be like you.






Happy Mother's Day to my mom and Roger's mom, we love you both so much!

4 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

Oh my heart....Brooklyn is SO stinkin cute! Love those eyes. Thank you for the great lesson today in RS. I appreciate the teacher that you are and the questions you ask to make me think of things in a new way! Oh and it looks like you know how to throw a party! Happy Birthday again!

brookeandruss said...

I love both of these pictures! You are the cutest mom ever and Brooklyn is just the most precious little girl! :) Happy Mother's Day to you.

Carrie said...

Glad you had a much better mothers day! You deserve it. Awesome lesson yesterday. I need your recipe for the treat. The rest of the room is lucky I didn't eat all of them. So yummy!!!!!!

NatBug said...

What a great post Ashlee. I am glad that your Mother's Day celebration this year was much better! It is amazing to see how much not only your sweet baby has grown, but how much you have grown as well!