Monday, December 3, 2012

A New Normal

Could these two look any more different?
Brooklyn: 2 1/2 years
Brynlee: 2 months


Life is settling down for us.  We're getting into a routine.  Sleep is starting to happen at our house (with some random rough nights thrown in there of course - from both girls).

I'm happy.  So very happy.  These two girls have wedged themselves right into my heart.  Sadly, I think I struggled for awhile.  Post pregnancy was rough on me I'd say.  Though looking at myself from the outside in I knew I was sad or frustrated over simple things, but it took me a bit to pull out of my hard days.  For the women in this world who battle post partum depression my heart goes out to you.  I think I'm over my 'rut' without needing any extra medical help, but I worried for awhile that I was never going to feel normal again!

Brynlee is a total sweetheart.  Brooklyn is doing soooo much better with her behavior issues.  I'm getting a bit more sleep these days, which means I'm a nicer person to my little family.  And Roger has been enjoying the roller coaster ride with the girls in his life.  We're getting used to being a family of four!

Brynlee is giving out smiles like crazy now, but these were the first few we caught on camera.  And funny enough she was smiling at her big sister in these!  Brooklyn has the touch!


Tub time....something she HATED for a good while.  After discovering she hates being cold even a little bit, we figured out a system to keep her happy.  Love those big eyes of hers and those round little cheeks.


Venturing out to a Jazz game!  Thanks Mom and Dad for the tickets, it was a blast! 










Brynlee plays hard, and crashes hard.  I had forgotten how much new babies need to sleep.  She gets in the BEST positions.....makes you want to snuggle up with her and sleep the day away!




How I love my girls! 

No comments: