Sunday, February 24, 2013

February Fun

Last weekend we headed up to Heber with the Firths, the Warnocks and the Dennings....such as blast!  Fun people, amazing lodging, great weather, and awesome food (of course!  Wouldn't be called a vacation without that right?!)  We sledded, cruised around on 4-wheelers, played cards until all hours of the night, swam, and chatted for 3 nights and 3 days.  We're still tired! :)


Ummm, adorable? Also hilarious.




Notice Brooklyn looks thrilled.  She was a bit upset with me for taking her sledding - I may or may not have sprayed her in the face with lots of snow.


Though i'm a bit behind on this one I had to post a picture of Roger's Valentine balloons.  Yes he got me a gift, but the part that gets me is these were for the girls.  How thoughtful is he?  Seriously, I married a gem.  Love him.

The two loves of our lives.  Brynlee is so chunky -- I'm surprised her cheeks don't make her top heavy...they're like weights!  They also have a target on them that say "kiss me!"



At 5 months Brynlee is:

  • Sleeping about 11 hours at night....and puts herself to sleep in her cribYes we were determined to make this a habit after bouncing Brooklyn to sleep for the first year of her life.
  • Gives out smiles like candy
  • LOVES her sister....may I add in that Brooklyn is the only one that can get this girl to laugh.  I'm not kidding.  She jumped off our bathroom scale and Brynlee giggled.  So I did it too, and looked like an idiot when Brynlee only stared at me.  Sisterly love.  Lucky them!
  • Rolling from tummy to back, and so close from back to tummy.
  • Enjoys tummy time (so different from her big sister!)
  • In 6-9 month clothes....that's our big girl!
  • Has blue eyes - but significantly darker than Brooklyn's
  • Doesn't have a widow's peak, but I'm suspicious she'll have Brooklyn's same hair color.  Love it!!
  • Hates to be snuggled.  She wants to face outward all the time so she can enjoy the action of the world around her.
Some blogworthy moments to remember:

--I got asked last month if my girls had different parents.  After closing my mouth from the shock of that kind of question, I proceeded to laugh a good belly laugh about that one.  Yes they are from the same parents for anyone who may question their creation.  So funny.

--Brooklyn has become quite the observant little thing.  Ask me details in person, but we'll just say she won't be coming with me to anymore doctor appts!

--Brooklyn daily tells me that "Grandma Susie pass away", and that she lives with "Fodder" and "Jesus".  Heartbreakingly sweet.  Got it on video.  After I could get a grip on my tears. 

--Brooklyn has a heart of gold.  I was crying over something personal this last week and she proceeded to bawl right along with me.  She had no idea why we were crying, but cried because I was sad.  Sweet girl.


That's life in a nutshell for now!  Trying to do better at posting.  You don't realize how great blogs are until you have the chance to go back down memory lane!

No comments: