Sunday, September 1, 2013

Preschool

Could someone please tell me how in the world my baby is old enough to be in Preschool??!
Brooklyn started school this last week.  And LOVED it.  And to be honest so did I.  She is so curious and busy, so interested in what I'm doing all day -- it's nice to have her attention focused and directed by someone that can do it formally.

She is also a bit shy by nature and tends to gravitate to the older kids and adults vs kids her own age.  She has always been an observant little girl.  Always.  So content to step back and watch before jumping in and participating.  I'm hoping school will help bring her out of her bubble.

She sure is cute.  And so stinking little - it blew me away that I dropped her off at a real elementary school!  How fun is that?  She's has a classroom and everything.

My heartstrings were tugged as Roger and I walked to the car after dropping her off.  This is only the beginning of the school years.  I sure was proud of our pretty little auburn haired, blue eyed, 3 year old.  Call me biased, but she sure is a cute little thing.  Even with her pink polka dot backpack that is as big as she is!   


Brooklyn started school on Roger's birthday, so we had to get a picture of the birthday boy with his oldest daughter, right?!  Love them both!  Rog sure is good looking (again, call me biased). :)



Miss Brynlee and I run our errands together while her big sister is off growing up....and then we look forward to picking Brooklyn up and hearing about her day!  Brooklyn obviously has enjoyed the first two days of school - notice the backpack she's still wearing??  Won't take it off.  It was a battle to get it off her to get her buckled in her carseat.  So funny.

Congrats to a successful start to the schoolyear Brooklyn!  So proud that there were no tears and tons of smiles this week!  But don't grow up too fast okay, you'll always be my itty bitty baby!  Love you!

No comments: