Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sending You A Little Christmas - From The Angels Above

Roger and I went to our first doctor appt Monday...I cried, so did Roger.

(Sorry about the blurry picture, I couldn't get it to focus on my camera.)


The hightlights:
  • Hearing the heartbeat
  • Realizing that there really is a baby in there!
  • Finding out I was a month farther along than I thought (ya I know!)
  • The hospital I'm delivering at is one light away from our house
  • Lots more that I'm still too excited to actually think of

We feel so blessed to finally be pregnant. This baby has been in the works for a long time. I like to think that our family members in heaven are hanging out with our little one until its time for he/she to make the journey here. That thought alone makes me a little teary.

What a perfect Christmas gift for Roger and I. We feel amazed that we are being given the opportunity to be parents. We are so excited!!!

Baby Gardner is due July 6th!

13 comments:

Tricia and Jon said...

I am SO excited for you!!!! I can't wait to get together next month at dinner group and hear all the updates. I hope that you have a great Christmas. Love ya!

rawhide said...

yeah for babies that are cooking inside their mothers.....how exciting for you guys!

NatBug said...

Ashlee, I assume that since you are living in Riverton that the hospital one light away from your house is the Riverton hospital. That is so funny, becuase the Riverton hospital is 2 lights away from my house. We live in a neighborhood right off of 2700 West. My OBGYN's office is even inside the hospital. He is the best. I guess that he is actually Jane (from Hillcrest cheer's) father in law. He delivered both of my babies and now this one.

I am so excited that you are further along than you thought. I am due June 21st, so we will have babies like 2 weeks apart! I am so excited that we get to go along this journey together and best of luck to you!

The Hale Family said...

so happy for you! How cool... what a great gift. Congrats

Erica said...

i am just over the moon, thrilled for you. can't wait to throw the baby shower! ohh and i can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl! & have play dates. i'm just so excited for everything! congrats!!!

Maranda said...

I'm so excited for you guys. You are due the same time my sister is. I love getting ultra sounds done, especially when you can't feel them moving yet. It makes it feel like it's actually real. Can't wait to see you guys Christmas Eve!

Christine said...

How exciting! I must admit that I am jealous. I always hope that when they do an ultrasound I will be farther along, but it never happens!

Greg and Sarah said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! Hope you are feeling good!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! you are going to be a great mommy!---Deirdre

Andrea Harper said...

Wahoo! I found your blog...and now you'll never get rid of me! Hahaha. I know I told you this already, but I'm SO excited for you guys and your little one :)

Jane and Stuart said...

It made me cry too to hear the little heart beat! It is the most amazing thing. I am so excited for you guy! I can't wait till you find out if it is a boy or girl. That's awesome you are a month further along than you thought. My due date was July 7th, but she came July 13th. I hope you aren't that lucky that he or she comes late. He He. Keep me informed!

C & E said...

I just found your blog from Brian and Heathers. I'm so excited you guys are on your way to being parents! It's sure been a long time since we've seen you guys...lets get together!

Becky said...

I think you will love having the hospital so darn close! I did. :)