Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Eastern Caribbean










Holy cow, where to start? Thank you to my mom and dad for paying our way to a week of total fun!! Same with the aunts and uncles...the majority of my cousins came as well. Rasmussen clan, you were missed! Next time!


My awesome, generous parents - thanks mom and dad!



It's overwhelming to look at the pictures and pick which ones you want to post. Good luck being able to reach the bottom of this post, I'm surprised blogger didn't cap it.






I arranged the pictures to represent days...5 of them in fact...

1. CocoCay - the private island

2. St. Thomas

3. St. Maarten

4. Eating - because it deserves its own post!

5. Playing - a 24/7 activity (minus when we crashed every night from the kind of tiredness that only the sun can give you)


...because that about sums up our week!


Day 1: CocoCay



















Day 2: St. Thomas















Day 3: St. Maarten

















Day 4: Eating





Day 5: Playing










John rounded out the trip with a proposal to Abbi - congrats to you both!



































Anyone else exhausted from reading all of that?! I've been working on getting these pictures uploaded for two weeks people! I think I'm tired. And I didn't include all of my favorite pictures either, otherwise you'd be here until next week. Seriously.


Brooklyn was a superstar, even with a brand stinkin new ear infection - her first ever. The family passed around a cold to each other, it worked me over. Two weeks later and my sense of taste and smell are very muted - I think I ruined my sinus cavities.


Mom and Dad, you're the best. We owe you big time. What a dream vacation, one we've been counting down to for a year. Thank you for paying full price for Brooklyn and allowing her paranoid mom some peace of mind for letting her come.


If you want to see more pics and better explanations, go visit Meg's blog - cause I know you are wanting to see more right?! :)

4 comments:

Pew Family said...

Wow! What a fun trip!! Looks like you guys did so many fun things and had so much fun! Cruises are the best too! Cute pictures, all of them!! Loved the post!

AshleeMattMaxJack said...

Ahhh, reminds me of our Western Caribean cruise in May! We will definitely have to try Eastern next time. Looks so beautiful and your girl is such a babe!

Nat and Jordy said...

Great pictures Ash!!! Looks like you all had a BLAST! Can't wait to hear more details at our next family party!

zarbocks said...

Um ash..you NEED to remove that pic of me at the bottom with ab..so hideous haha!