Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Letters...

Dear Belly Button,

You have disappeared, for the most part.  See you in the Fall....



18 weeks

21.5 weeks

Dear Scale,

I'm sorry I've been avoiding you.  My hormones can't handle stepping on you more than once a month.  I'll revisit our relationship in...ummmm, let's say December??

Dear Summer Sun,

Thank you for being there lately.  Brooklyn and I HATE being cooped up inside.  Though go easy on my fingers and toes okay?  I'd like to be able to wear shoes all the way until October!


Dear Prenatal Vitamins,

Thanks for making my hair grow so fast.  I may consider keeping you around indefinitely.  Though, I think I need a hightlight sooner than scheduled now.  Andrea??  Should we play sooner than June??


Dear Lake Powell,

I've missed you.  We're supposed to visit you next month.  Dr. England was NOT happy about this when we talked about you.  He may make me stay home.  Send good karma my way for my appt this Friday and again in three weeks so we can play for a week with the Gardner fam!!

Dear Progesterone Shots,

Good heavens you sting like crazy!  It took me three weeks to gear up to giving you myself.  Your needle is so long, and the juice so thick!  Please do your job and make this worth it okay?  My thighs sting for 4 days after I give you, just in time to do it again!!  (I know it would sting less if I gave you in my bum, but the image of me trying to reach behind myself with my gut sticking out front is hilarious.)

Dear Mom,

I love you.  You're a saint.  Thanks for loving your first granddaughter enough to watch her while this tired and cranky pregnant girl sleeps after graveyard shifts.  She's a handful.  Sorry if she's destroying your house.  She loves 'grama', though......especially your 'jump' (tramp).  She still wakes up asking to jump.  Christmas gift Roger??

Dear Meg,

I think Brooklyn is confused by you.  She occasionally calls you mom.  Thanks for trading babysitting days with me.  I'm sorry Brooklyn loves on your son so much......he'll have to give some good paybacks someday!

Dear Beau,

I'm sorry Brooklyn gets in your face.  And shoves your binki and bottle in your mouth.  And rocks you in your carseat and swing enough to give you motion sicknesses.  She's a fast one, I can't keep her away from you all day!  Though she just may end up calling her baby sister "Beau" for awhile - every baby she sees now she calls your name.

Dear Stomach,

Thanks for growing a little slower this go around.  As much as I like the 'gus-gus' effect, I better break down and buy a few more undershirts before you get too big huh?  And I'll try to lay off the treats -- will you forgive the doughnut and fun size candybars I ate by 9:30 this morning?  Couldn't help myself, they were leftovers from the baby shower last night and they were calling my name.

Dear Brooklyn,

My not so little baby girl anymore - do you have any idea what a gem you are?  Forgive my orneryness lately.  You make our lives complete.  Thank you for being so dang cute.  And for being a mama's girl still.  My belly is getting in the way, but I sure do love your snuggles lately.


Making sugar cookies for the cousins' baby shower last night!

 Dear Roger,

Do you have any idea how much I love you?  I have been so up and down with this pregnancy.  Thank you for being so patient with me.  Thank you for being excited about having another baby - another girl, too!  I owe you some golfing days for sure.  Date night soon?  Yes please.

Dear Baby Girl #2,

Wow are we excited to meet you!  But cook for a few more months please.  Please oh please.  I don't want to be meeting you in the next 6 weeks like last time.  My heart can't handle it.  Have a little chit chat with the angles up there in heaven and tell them to hang onto you for a bit longer okay?  Thank you for finally kicking mom - you had me kinda worried for a few weeks.  You're not as crazy in there as your sister was.  And your heartrate is consistently lower than Brooklyn's ever was.  Does this mean you'll be a little less hyper than her?  We are thrilled to have you join our family!




Love, Ashlee

3 comments:

Kati said...

You look so great!!! I always enjoy reading your posts.

Jane and Stuart said...

So I don't think I knew you were expecting! Boy I am a good friend! Congrats!

bs.blogspot.com said...

oh my gosh here i sit in front of giada @ home (for the 2nd episode) folding laundry in my g's and i am crying reading your post! it is so sweet!! I really just think you are great and always have:) Good luck good luck with your pregnancy! looks like your almost there!!! love you!