Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

(Our picture this morning before church, camera propped on a bucket, and Roger trying to bend down so his head won't be cut off.  Brookln looks thrilled, Baby #2 looks lopsided.  The joys of timed pictures!)

To the women in our lives - Happy Mother's Day!  We hope the day is as great as you hoped it would be!

I love to celebrate any holiday, especially the ones when Roger takes full responsibility for Brooklyn during church so I could sit and enjoy the meeting.  He also cooked us breakfast.....maybe that's why I look slightly lumpy in the gut area!   I'm a little bummed I have to work tonight, but this is what I signed up for when I became a nurse.  So I'm just going to pretend this day doesn't include the working part!

I love the little girls (crazy that I can say that now!) that have made me a mom.  This was a title I wanted forever!  Being a mom is the hardest but most rewarding job.  It is a blast.  Good thing kids are forgiving, I'm still working on getting it down right!

To my own mom - you set the bar too high!  I'll spend my lifetime trying to match what you've done for us girls.....what you still do!  How lucky I am to have a friend, a lunch partner, someone to run errands with, someone to call everyday, an example, a shoulder to cry on.  Good luck with your talk today - its already over, but I'm still a little annoyed they made you speak in church on your holiday!

To my sweet mother in law, Susan -my heart is full today when I think of you.  You cannot know the impact you have had on your son, and consequently me and Brooklyn.  I don't think I can get through this post without some tears...the news of your cancer has me reeling from the heartbreak we've felt these last two months.  A mom (and dad) is supposed to be invincible, almost superhuman, not vulnerable to what life can hand you.  I can't describe the heaviness I feel each time I've watched my big, tough husband cry because he's losing his mom sooner than he ever thought he would.  Yet, you have faced this latest challenge with amazing faith and grace, being the backbone for this family.  The time you have left is not up to Roger and I, but we want you to know how much we love you and admire you.  You have impacted us in ways you can't imagine.  Your influence will be felt for many years to come.  So on this Mother's Day, we hope you know how much your family loves you, especially our little family!

Days to celebrate our parents are so special, an opportunity to thank each mother (however you define a mom) for their dedication and committment to their families.  To my 'moms', thank you for all you do!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments: