Thursday, April 26, 2012

We're Having A.....

GIRL!!!!!

Another girl, we're so thrilled! Yes we thought all along this one was a girl, so today's ultrasound was no surprise. There was no doubt on the gender...even BOTH of our untrained eyes could see 'it' was a she.

Gardner girl will make grandchild #3 for my parents, and #22 for Rogers parents.

Seeing a living human being on that screen is the coolest thing to watch. It never gets old. This little one is either as feisty or as shy as Brooklyn was - she wouldn't let us get a good look at her face. Good thing we get to go back for another ultrasound in two weeks.

Gardner girl #2 looks great. No issues that we can see at this point, both in her anatomy and with things holding her in there...aka me. The only change? My due date was moved back a week. Bummer. Not that I mind being pregnant, it's just one more week we have to worry and wonder how far I'll carry her.

HER. I can't get over saying it. Brooklyn will have a sister. I'll have another little girl to hang out with. I get girls, it's all I've ever known. I get one more lunch date, one more shopping partner, one more wedding to plan, one more friend. Aaaah, I can't wait! Now Roger is also thrilled...let's not leave him out of this. He wants his son someday (so do I for that matter), but he had a smile plastered on his face the whole way out to the car. Maybe that's a good coverup for his concern over the amount of hormonal women in his life now! Roger LOVES his girls, and they love him. He is an incredible dad....there are good dads and great dads. The men in my life fall under the great category. But for those times he may find himself outnumbered by his girls, my dad offered to help him out...he produced all girls too!

I was so nervous going into today's appt. What would they find? What would they tell us? Would we feel peaceful about the game plan? My nerves got the best of me - my stomach battled me all morning and my blood pressure was through the roof. I can honestly say we feel pretty good about things. Progesterone shots start today (ummm, can someone please come do that for me? There is no way I can give myself that nasty, thick as peanut butter shot. And Roger will pass out. Really. Csu friends...anyone willing?). They'll measure my cervix frequently, every two weeks for now...which is why we get to go back in two weeks. And they will put me flat in bed or the hospital if my cervix becomes to thin.

So I feel pretty good about things. Because we're having another girl!!!

Gotta start brainstorming names........

9 comments:

Austin and Marianne said...

Congratulations! So excited for you! Girls are so fun to shop for and dress! We'll keep you in our prayers. Hope things continue to go well!

Kati said...

Congrats!! I am glad that everything is looking good so far! I am sorry you had some scares at the begining of the pregnancy and I hope that this sweet little girls stays in for as long as possible!
I wish I had girl names for you but...

Karen said...

Congrats! That is exciting. Good luck on the shots...they only sting a little!

Greg and Sarah said...

Woohoo!!! Aren't girls the best? -And no, I'm not biased! :) So happy things are going good so far!!!

Nicole said...

Yay!! Congrats to you guys! Isn't it nice knowing you don't have to buy everything all over again! Hand me downs are great! Well, if you ask me :)

Sounds like they are very prepared with a good plan for this time around. Hope everything continues to go smoothly! So happy for a healthy girl! They will be great friends.

Kellee said...

congrats! I've been meaning to check your blog to find out. I'm excited to see another gardner girl!

NatBug said...

Congrats on another sweet little girl! So glad you dr has a good game plan to help keep that little one in there for a long time. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Yeah, CONGRATULATIONS! Very excited for you, now just stay nice and cozy in there baby girl!

Unknown said...

That last comment was Meg Miller...oops, signed in as a different account!