Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Should Probably Post.....

....but the picture below sums up my life at the moment. 
Haha, aren't they cute?!
Brooklyn has the look of a she-devil and Brynlee is wondering when I'm going to 1.Save her from her sister and 2. Take her huge bow off.


My adorable girls dressed alike for their Grandma's funeral.
I really need to post about that week, but I need to organize my pictures and get a grip on my emotions before I can face that post.  And I'll need a good hour to myself to allow for a long cry.

Life is good right now.  Busy, but good.  I feel overwhelmed thinking of all I haven't posted about (Christmas, Work, Church, Family), but I think I'll just skip it and update where we're at right now.

Brooklyn - my sweet baby.  A tall, spunky little girl actually.  I feel some sadness when I watch how fast she has grown up.....some of it because she's almost 3 and some of it because her sister joined the household.  She is my little shadow, literally.  I can't even go to the bathroom without her following me (maybe she'll figure out potty training!).  She is a sweet, kind, "wears her heart on her sleeve" toddler.  She never has had a rough stage I think.  Roger and I got lucky with her - she is genuinely a kind person.  And a good child.  Really.  She is speaking in full sentences, cannot get her colors right (everything is pink or blue), and loves any and all attention.

Brynlee - our angel baby.  Sometimes she's so good I forget she's there.  She started out a little fussy, but has quickly grown into a chubby, happy, sweet natured little girl.  At 4 months (where did the time go?) she is sleeping 10-11 hours at night, nursing like she's starving (her 3 chins prove she's not), smiling all the time but has only laughed twice, eating her hands, and grabbing toys.  She can be slightly leery of Brooklyn, but I can't blame her.  The poor girl is pestered all the time.

Still has that heart birthmark.  Brooklyn has a star on her right knee.  Apparantly Roger and I produce kids with shapes. :)



Roger - This poor guy is so busy.  I wish I knew how to alleviate some of the burdens in his life right now.  Yet he is ultra happy, ultra calm and acts like life never gets him down.  My heart aches for him right now - it's been a rough year in more ways than one person should have to face alone.  He is my rock, my constant, my never ending support.  How lucky I am to have him as my best friend.  I hope 2013 is a better year for him.

Me: Life is life.  Busy, good, stressful, up, down, and everything in between.  Depending on the day.  The hour actually.  I'm back to work (a good and bad thing I've decided).  Life with 2 kids has gotten so much easier.  I LOVE these kids of ours.  It's amazing how strong your loyalty is to your kids.  We still only leave the house once a day, but our days fly by (minus those lovely days I've worked a graveyard shift before and have to stay up - didn't miss that while I was on maternity leave!)


As soon as I can get Roger to leave the laptop home (and find an hour without kids needing me) I'll upload a ton of pictures of life's happenings.  Posts are always better with pictures, but I run out of steam by the end of the day and don't want to take the time to create a post.  Is it just me or does it take all of you forever to blog too?  Maybe its because I have discovered instagram....so much quicker!  Who can I follow?! :)

1 comment:

Austin and Marianne said...

I totally am in the same boat! I haven't posted since Halloween. Hopefully I can take some time soon to do it. We should get together soon!