Saturday, January 19, 2013

In Loving Memory

Susan Rae Ashby Gardner

May 11, 1945 - January 13, 2013








My sweet, perfect Mother-In-Law lost her battle with lung cancer this past Sunday.  Words don't begin to express the heartache and grief we feel over her loss.  Heaven gained a special angel in those final hours of Sunday night, but her family left here on earth is devastated by the void she has left behind.

To my In-laws:  I am honored to be a part of this family.  That you have allowed me to claim your mom as my own for the past 6 years.  Thank you for letting me love her.  I don't think the heartache and sadness will ever fully subside.

To Gary:  My chest hurts to watch you mourn the loss of your sweet wife.  I can't seem to turn off the tears when I think of your face that night.  I hope you recognize the love and support system that will be here to rally around you in the coming weeks and years.  We love and cherish you.

To Roger:  I love you.  I am so truly sorry.  How can I ever hug you long enough or tight enough to make the heartache lessen even a little?  I am absolutely heartbroken for you, and with you.

To Susan:  Words will never adequately express the perfect woman you are.  Like I whispered to you in your final moments, thank you from the bottom of my broken heart for loving me.  'Till we meet again....

5 comments:

Diana said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss. You guys are in my prayers.

Team Beardshall said...

Im so sorry to hear of your families loss, sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.

Ang and Steve said...

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss, Ash. Thinking of you and praying for all of you!

Chandra said...

I'm so sorry. :( I can't imagine losing a parent or a parent-in-law. I'll be thinking of you. I hope you're doing well otherwise.

Laura said...

I am so so sorry. This post just breaks my heart to think about. I guess now your kids have a special angel to be watching over them.