Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bummer

I'm sick. I have strep throat.

Who gets strep throat at 25? Me. Probably picked it up at work this weekend, but have no idea how...none of my patients had it.

Woke up this morning with my throat on fire. After a quick trip to the instacare (right down the street, how convenient is that), I walked out of there with my party treats:
  • Penicillin twice a day for the next ten days
  • A one time dose of a steroid to take down the swelling - holy cow those work wonders! I couldn't talk when I walked in there; thirty minutes later I could actually say my name normally.
  • On the flip side, the steroid made me sick to my stomach. I think I have more sympathy for my patients. The whole "take with food" really does apply.

Came home and slept for five hours! Probably could have slept longer but Roger called to make sure I was still alive. He (along with everyone else) will be avoiding me like the plague for the next twelve hours. Did I say I hate being sick?

I've had this whole week off from work. Why do I manage to always get sick on my days off? (If any CSU people read that - don't pass that on to managment!) :)

At least its not the swine flu.....(knock on wood)

2 comments:

Gina said...

Ash-

You started a blog! Good for you. I just read several of your posts.

1. So happy that you guys found a house! I can't wait to see it. Meanwhile, post more pics.

2. So sorry your sick. Feel better friend.

3. I can't wait to see you and catch up next Wednesday.

And yes, I will be a frequent visitor on your blog . . so keep posting:)

The Hale Family said...

Ashlee this is Amie Hoopes/Hale i found your blog through Megan's hope you guys are doing well. You guys are so cute. Congrats on the new house!