Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm Alive

Holy cow.

Started the week out with strep, then got the flu (not the swine flu, just the good old regular flu. So much for the stupid flu shot I got this year!)

I've been flat in bed since Monday - today's Sunday!! I've called in sick to work all weekend. It's been a tie between which spot I've spent the most time...the bed or the couch.

Me and the new couch have a love/hate relationship at the moment.

Did anyone else know it snowed this week? Not me. Never made is past the bedroom all week.

New house? Total mess.

Roger? Bless him for keeping things running for me while I've been sick. Have I mentioned he could be a better nurse than me? Fabulous bedside manner!

On a more serious note, being sick makes me grateful for my mom. And Roger's mom. My cute mom brought me soup this week (couldn't eat it, was dealing with some serious nausea). How in the world do our wonderful mom's do what they do when they are sick? I only have to worry about me and Rog (and he basically had to fend for himself this week), yet both of our mom's can single handedly be supermom on top of sickness. Love them both.


Now that I'm finally getting around to the land of the living I can say how excited I am for these two to come visit this week!! Counting down the hours Meg! :)

(Devin and Megan, San Diego 2009)

1 comment:

BrainandHeather said...

dang Ash! That totally sucks! I'm glad your feeling better! Can't wait for Fri! see you soon!