Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sign Here Please....

Signed our lives away last Friday, and had a blast doing it! By the time we were done signing the last paper I was pretty sure my name had three ee's in it instead of two... I couldn't tell anymore. That' s what you get for signing a tree or two worth of paperwork!


What I love about our house:
  • My kitchen...yes I said "my", Roger doesn't cook (except for breakfast)
  • The pantry
  • There is enough space between the dresser and the bed that one of us doesn't have to sit on the bed while the other passes by
  • We have two bathrooms
  • We have a garage (no more scraping ice in the morning!)
  • Our huge windows.....for those that didn't know, I hate gloomy places. I used to leave our apartment and drive around just so I woudn't have to sit in the dark on my days off
  • The ward/neighbors. We were amazed by the noise level at church, yet our bishop talked as if absolutely everyone in the room was listening to him instead of chasing after kids.
  • No more flushing money down the toilet, at least we own the toilet now! :)

What I don't love:

  • The drive to work...I can't push snooze bar three times anymore. I actually have to get out of bed and in the car on time
  • We don't have a fridge. Correction: our fridge won't be delivered until Saturday. Which means I haven't and won't be cooking all week. On second thought, maybe I should move this one to the "like" list. :)
  • How much money it actually costs to buy a house! They'll take everything you've got plus your firstborn! (No, that is not an announcement)
  • I can't spend Roger's hard earned money as quickly anymore...sigh.

Things that have made me laugh:

  • Roger smashed his foot in the shower door. We're both still getting used to having a separate "master" shower
  • Watching the news in bed last night, sideways, on the TV that we put on the floor because we don't have anything to set it on yet. Good times.
  • Watching Roger get soooo mad at a knot in the blinds he was putting up. (Did I mention that my awesone husband spent hours two nights in a row putting up the blinds on our huge windows? Did I mention that we have lots of them? Did I mention they're huge? Sigh of happiness....)
  • The tan construction paper we used for blinds until the real ones were ready. Might not have noticed that the one in the bathroom had fallen down as I was getting out of the shower. I'm blushing as I write this hoping our neighbors were sound asleep and not looking out their windows that night!
  • Asking my husband how we were going to mount our little TV in our bedroom. He proceeded to tell me we'd have to find a stud? (A what? Is that something I'm supposed to know?) I asked him how we do that...he said I was looking at one! (Love my sexy husband and yes he is a total stud...still gives me flutterbies!)

Here are some pictures for those that want to see:




4 comments:

Karen said...

Very Cute! Congrats on being homeowners!!! And I think what I was MOST excited about when we first owned a house was the garage as well! I HATED scraping my windows!!

Lindsey said...

It's beautiful. I love how open it is. Isn't the paperwork awful. When "we" signed, Tom had to give me power of attorney, so I not only signed my name a trillion times, and when I signed for Tom I had to sign "Thomas William Higgs Jr by: Lindsey Ann Higgs POA" EVERY time. Congrats!

brookeandruss said...

I love it!!! I can't wait to come see it. I think it's great that we have the same couch. Ha ha! I couldn't agree with you more on how much it freaking costs just to buy a home, let alone furnish the darn thing. I wasn't able to go to our closing so Russ was my Power of Attorney. He had to sign my name, then under it he had to print it, then sign his name, then put he was my POA or something like that. He wasn't too happy! :) Well congrats on the house. You guys deserve it. You are going to love the area!

Becky said...

I just heard the news before checking your blog for the first time! How exciting. And very pretty!!