Monday, September 13, 2010

Tonight.



Have I mentioned how much I love these two?

This is a preview of some family pictures we had taken a few weeks ago...more to come as soon as they're bought and paid for! And yes, this is a picture of a picture on the computer. Is that legally allowed??

Tonight I'm destressing. I had a class/tests for work this morning that I've been worrying about for awhile. Not really sure why, it was just a renewal course. But it's kept me slightly anxious.

Which means I'm sort of a grump. And I'm tired. Which makes me really a grump. I've been short with Roger all week...for a few weeks actually. I hate to admit that. I should be doing better. I was a wife way before I took on the title of mom.

We haven't seen much of each other. Work schedules, sleep schedules, Brooklyn schedules, and even play schedules have distracted us from us. When did that happen? Funny how you have to step back every once in awhile and recognize that you're not doing a very good job with one of your first priorities.

So tonight, we relaxed. And took some time to hang out at home.

Yep, Brooklyn hung out with us - snotty nose and throw up included! Roger read a book on the couch, while I sat next to him making my cheeks hurt I was trying so hard to get the baby to smile. (It worked by the way.) We may have put the baby in her too big polkadot nightgown and strapped her in the carseat, just to wander Walmart. Spent way too much money for just wandering. Seriously, how does that happen?!

But we scored a free box of FatBoy Ice Cream Bars. Awesome.

I love these two people I call 'family'. They are all mine. How did I get so lucky?

1 comment:

Ellingson's said...

If you hook onto my blog & look at the blog An Apple A Day you'll find an "apple" to try each day with your marriage. It's little things that have helped me work on my marriage everyday; that's one thing I don't want to neglect. My cousin is the one doing the blog. I hope everything went well with your test! Can't wait for Wednesday :)