Saturday, October 23, 2010

Date Night

I LOVE date nights!
I've missed Roger this week. It feels like we're married, but just going through the motions. We say hello and goodbye as we both come and go from work.
So last night was a great boost for us...Cafe Rio and pumpkin carving (of course I made choc chip cookies as we carved. You know me and my awful sweet tooth.).

Brooklyn fell asleep at dinner with this lovely death grip on the side of her carseat. And literally slept like that until we got home an hour later. Classic.

Her bald head matches the roundness of the pumpkins!


Don't I get to carve one? (Sad to admit this, but we forgot to get Brooklyn a pumpkin. We honestly didn't even think to get her one. Oops. I'll be making another trip back to the store.)

Some bad pictures. That's what you get with the nighttime lighting and a camera propped on a toaster. Haha.

We had every intention of creating awesome pumpkins. But we lost steam. Carving gave us sore hands. Can ya tell we were watching the Jazz game while we worked?
And Roger ran out of room and ended up with "Utah Jaz" instead of "Utah Jazz"...so no one look too closely when you trick or treat at our house this year!

Happy Halloween from our pumpkins to yours!!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Look at those sweet chubby cheeks!

Tricia and Jon said...

Looks like the perfect date night! Brooklyn is getting so big. She is so darn cute!!! I wish I was closer to see you guys more often.

Meg said...

She is so cute and sweet! I love her round face. What a little miracle.