Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sleep

On one of my night shifts, Roger sent me this picture in the middle of the night...

Brooklyn had been awake for a couple of hours. Not needing anything, just awake.

The picture below was taken the morning after she came home. We were loopy from lack of sleep (monitors beeping, middle of the night bottles, stress, having a newborn home for the first time, etc.)

Well last night she fell asleep at 6:00pm (in her clothes, no diaper change).........and slept until 8:00 this morning!! Total 180 from those first few weeks.

I'm sure she was wiped out from our day yesterday. I had a few doctor appts for myself (more to come on that another day), which resulted in little to no naps. The timing just didn't work out for her to sleep well. My fault. Mother of the Year award coming right up.

It still catches me off guard just how much sleep babies need to be happy and functional. Lucky little things. Aren't we all jealous?


Other fun stuff going on in our lives - Brooklyn and I left Rog home this last week and tagged along for a trip to Vegas with the parentals and Meg. (Yes I do that a lot. No eye rolling please. I know I should just stay home, but we can't pass up an opportunity for fun!)

Figured out Brooklyn really doesn't like loud noises. The water show didn't go so well for us. But sun hats look cute on her, even if we spent the entire time in the shade. Call me paranoid. Also not helping my pasty white skin to tan at all.



Lunch with Debbie, my next door neighbor growing up! Her and Jerry are mission presidents in Las Vegas. Thanks for chatting Debbie, we'll come visit again!!


We also gave the baby rice cereal for the first time. So darn funny. We're not sure she liked it. But it sure gave us good entertainment!







And finally, all dressed up for church! Have I mentioned how fun it is to play dress up with babies? So fun.


Excuse the lack of quality in some of the pictures we post. A lot are taken with my crappy cell phone because the moment will be lost if I take the time to grab my camera.

No comments: