Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tis the Season

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!
(Doesn't she remind you of the movie "Christmas Story"?)

I love love love this time of the year! So many fun things to do!
  • Time to put the coats back on, light the candles (cinnamon, from Taipan to be exact), buy egg nog, and eat cookies
  • First snowfall!! Can I say how fun it is to celebrate the season as a larger family this year!

  • Do some Christmas shopping (okay, okay...I started mine in September. Pathetic I know. Can't help myself.), gear up for the holidays, spend time with family....and the list goes on!
  • Did I already say eat cookies? And buy egg nog?
Roger and I are in trouble. We have a bad habit of buying frozen cookie dough and baking "a few" on the nights we're both home. Store bought cookie dough is gross, but not straight out of the oven! How about we get an extra present under the tree for every pound we gain? That way I won't feel so guilty. Bring on the holidays!!

Meg and Dev are in town. This was Brooklyn's reaction. Also the picture I sent both of them as they landed at the airport. Don't ya just love this girl?


She has also taken on a new habit. We call this the 'monkey' face. No idea what she's chewing on when she does this, but it sure makes us laugh. She has found her voice and 'talks' to us all the time. Maybe this face is her version of having a conversation with us? :)

And finally, tucking in for her "long winter nap". If you call one hour naps long.

Happy Holidays to all! I've wrapped all of Roger's gifts... who wants help wrapping theirs? I'll make you a cookie if you come over! Two or three if you ask nicely. :)
Yes I'm lame. What can I say...repeat title!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Definitely Christmas story!!! Love it!! What a sweetie! And I would love to have you help me wrap! I can't find time when the girlies aren't around!!

Tracy Smythe said...

She is so stinkin cute...what a sweetheart. Isn't this time of the year the best? I love Brooklyn's snowsuit....yes it totally reminds me of Randy. I love that movie!!!

Rosie said...

Brooklyn is such a cutie! Adds does the chewing thing too. The first time I saw it I couldn't figure out what she had in her mouth :)