Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Day

Happy Valentine's Day
2011


Valentine's Day is kind of a big deal to me. Not because of the flowers, the cards, the chocolate, the excuse to go out to eat. It's because four Valentine's ago Roger and I decided we were only dating each other. Rog brought it up while we ate at the Roof downtown...not that he was planning on it. It just came up. Three months later that led to the big marriage discussion. Four month later we were married.
So its an important day to me.
This year we included an extra Valentine on the 'love' list. She joined us for dinner at Asian Star. Next year we'll leave her at home - she was so hyper! Who fed her sugar? But she sure was a hit - we got stopped all night!



She's figuring out how to pull her bows off. Darn. We really need her to grow some hair so she'll look like a girl once I can no longer keep the bows on her.
Now for the cheesy stuff. No eye rolling...all of you go write your own posts about the loves in your life so I can have something to read.

It's amazing to me how such a simple thing - a wedding ring - signifies so much!



Four years later that commitment means so much more. How lucky that my future is tied to Roger. Our life isn't perfect, neither is our marriage. Thank goodness. Life would be pretty boring if we didn't have an excuse to fight and then make up! :)

Roger is just so good to me, even when I don't deserve it. He's such a good dad as well. He was nervous to take on that title, afraid of the responsibility it would be. Yet, most days he's better at being a spouse and a parent than I am!
I love both of the Valentines in my life. Who couldn't love them when they are both so dang cute?!

Happy Love Day!

No comments: