Monday, January 31, 2011

Thank You



Today I stand corrected. And a little humbled, as much as my pride hates to admit that.

This cutie pie doesn't qualify for Early Intervention...because she's not behind!!

Brooklyn is definitely not 'jumping ahead' when it comes to gross motor skills (rolling over, sitting up) but is in no way delayed. In fact, our awesome therapist called her 'social'...we've heard that before!

I also LOVED the therapist! Ali, you were right. Brooklyn loved a new playmate - she performed quite well for him. She may be a little afraid of strangers (she's afraid you're going to poke her) and gives out smiles only after you've worked hard for them, but she is still a very social and curious baby.

I'm so glad. And relieved. I thought I had failed as a mom because she can't do certain things yet. I'm the one home with her most during the day, so I thought her 'delays' were my fault. I'm glad to hear she's on track. It saved me a little bit of heartache today.

We were taught some great tricks today. And why is it these kids always perform for these guys and not for mom and dad? Brooklyn sat up today - on her own - for two minutes - without any help whatsoever. What?!

I'm excited to practice our new tricks in the coming weeks. He said she should be sitting up within two weeks! Here's crossing our fingers!

I also need to reevaluate the words in the title of this post.
THANK YOU.
Thank you to the people that follow our blog...no matter if we know you or not. Do you have any idea how much it means to us? This is our journal, but also my place to find support. So thank you for being there.
And I read each of your blogs faithfully. In fact I check my bloglist everyday. I even check your blog lists for the people I know/want to know that I'm too afraid to leave a comment with. Please know I love your updates, despite my lack of comments. I'm a follower, please continue to update! And leave me a comment so I can feel okay about adding you to our bloglist.
Thank you to programs like Early Intevention. Thank you to the people that work so hard for others. Thank you....such simple words. But we sure mean it!

11 comments:

Allison said...

That is great news! I have to admit that I love having early intervention in our home, but it is also great to see that Brooklyn is responding to threats and performing when it counts! :) I will be sad when Grant finally graduates from his PT. He has already graduated from OT and Feeding therapy, but I love his PT so much I secretly hope that he still qualifies for another 6 months!

Since you are a blog follower, feel free to add alliandkyle.blogspot.com to your reading list. We keep our family blog a little less publicized from Grant's blog (since one is more medically oriented), but the other one gets updated a bit more frequently! Congrats on moving to part time, though you will have to be sure your shifts overlap some of our hospital stays!

Erica said...

you are such a darling mama ashlee! you are doing a GREAT JOB! totally breathing a sigh of relief for your cute little brooklyn! (& you too!)

Jarred and Rachelle said...

Ashlee,
Not sure if your remember me. But I worked with you a couple times up on CSU while I worked there. I found you on Kellee Mudrow's blog. Yes, I blog stalk too!!
Anyways, I remember admiring you as a nurse and after reading about your experiences with Brooklyn I admire you as a mommy too. I just had my first baby boy in September, and even though our stories about are children are different I find so many of my fears and concerns for my son are similar with yours about Brooklyn. Make sense? Anyways, I admire you for writing about your experiences and your feelings. I find comfort knowing others feel the same that I do. I also admire you for your honesty. I think you are doing a great job with Brooklyn. She is lucky to have you as a mom.

-Rachelle Cameron

P.S. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I enjoy your stories:)

Lauren said...

I think I left a comment a few months ago, but I stumbled upon your blog and just fell in love with your stories about your precious baby girl so much that I couldn't stop reading! (I mean that in the most non-creepy way as possible) I hope you don't mind!
She is just too cute. You sound like a wonderful mother.

NatBug said...

Ashlee, I check in on your blog every now and then and I am amazed at your strength and faith that you have shown this past almost a year. I know you are hard on yourself, but so am I, we are women, we judge ourselves the most, but just know that I admire you so much and I think that you are doing a great job with Brooklyn.

I am so happy that you get to stay home more now with your baby, I am totally envious, I just wish that my job would allow it. After being a stay at home mom with my first two boys, leaving my 3rd baby with a care giver at such a young age is one of the hardest things that I have ever done. The pain and guilt that I feel everyday I walk out the door I almost too much, but it is good to know that there are others out there whom feel as I do.

Please continue to post and I promise to check in on you every now and again. Feel free to check out my blog as well. It is more of a family happenings blog, I can't quite get enough courage as you to post so candidly to the public as to how I truly feel sometimes, but I am working on it. From your comments it appears that your postings have given alot of people strength, you have a special gift there.

Take care, Natalie Hendrickson

Austin and Marianne said...

I check your blog often cause I miss seeing you. I love seeing the progress your little cutie is making. She is a doll. I'd love for us to get together soon. It's been over a year! Let me know when you can fit in a lunch date!

Aaron, Debbie & Alida said...

That is such a relief! I am so glad she is doing GREAT! I felt the same way when Alida was "delayed" I thought it was my fault, but once we got her on oxygen she took off running and hasn't looked back! She is not even 2 and she can count to 5, knows all her colors both say them and sign them and pick them out! I can go on and brag but I'll save that for my journal/blog! I am glad to hear that you look at our blog and feel free to add us if you want. I am trying to keep up our blog weekly, but I'm finding that easier said than done! But that is my goal. I love reading about your cute Brooklyn and keeping up with your family.
Debbie

Chandra said...

Hey Ashlee! Umm... yes, I have blog-stalked you a lot, and now that you've given me an invitation, I will continue to do just that! I've got a blog, too! charlesandchandra.blogspot.com. Anyway, I love hearing about Brooklyn, and I think your cute little family is amazing, having such strength with all that you've been through! Thanks for everything you did for me, to increase my confidence in nursing. I'll never forget my capstone! I'm loving the NTU. :-)

Laura said...

You are so cute. I need to come see that cute baby of yours.

Ang and Steve said...

Ash! I found your blog and have loved reading about your family! Brooklyn is ADORABLE! Seriously, so cute. Anyways, I've been waiting to see you at work to tell you in person and haven't seen you in forever....but I'm finally engaged! :) Wahoo. Can't wait to chat about it. I guess that's what happens when you are part-time and everyone is put on-call like crazy. Anyways, we need to chat soon. Your family is adorable and I'm sure you're such a fabulous mommy to your sweet girl! PS...proposal story

Shana Smith said...

Seriously, you have one adorable little girl! Why are we so anxious for our little ones to grow up?! As soon as they sit and crawl and stand, our "babies" are gone! Lol.. Brooklyn is a doll, love those big eyes!!