Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year


I look back on 2010 and am amazed yet again how fast time goes. I remember when Christmas would take forever to finally get here, I'd be counting down the days. Now we just finished another Christmas, another New Year celebration....and I wasn't done with my last year's goals!

I was chatting with Rog this week about this past year. He said it was his worst year. Paused for a moment...then said it was his best year as well.

I think I'll second that.

What a roller coaster of a year for the Gardner household. Complete honestly makes me admit that it had to one of the most physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially draining years of our married life. It brought the highest high for us with the birth of Brooklyn, but took us to rock bottom in the same second. We adjusted to life as homeowners, getting comfortable in a new ward and a new neighborhood. We've made the best of friends here, how lucky we are! Our marriage was tested during the long road in the hospital...I am so eternally grateful I married the man I did. He will never know just how much he means to me. Women's minds are a mystery to men, but I hope Roger knows that he is the person that makes me, me.
So as we look to 2011, I am excited. And hoping for a smooth year. Of course life doesn't go as we plan it, so I'm sure next years post at this time will be interesting. We are ready for progress and new goals (and finishing last year's!).

To 2010: Thank you for the lessons and fun. But let's not do it again.

To 2011: Can't wait to see what you bring us!


Happy New Year to all!!

No comments: