Wednesday, January 12, 2011

CHANGE


(Park City - 2008)
I came across this picture tonight as I was cleaning out my emails. This was one year of marriage behind us, still living up the apartment life, no thoughts of Brooklyn yet (soon after though!)....clueless to what changes life would bring us.

The picture below is December 2010.



What fun 'change' has been for us!
Change can be scary. Change can be fun. Change can be stressful, emotional, good, bad, etc.
But above all change is an adjustment. No good or bad attached, just an adjustment.
Tonight I found myself home with nothing to do. Work cancelled my shift, dishes were done, baby in bed an hour early, Roger playing basketball with guys in the ward.
Perfect.
I started a scalding hot bubblebath with my new soap from Christmas, poured myself a diet wild cherry pepsi with ice and opened a sappy romantic book.
Literally two minutes into this lovely relaxing hour to myself the baby monitor registered the first grunt. Followed by some squeeking that is a result of any movement in her crib. Then came the cries to get her out of bed.
Seriously?!!
I giggled as I ran to her room with bubbles covering my legs and thought to myself...good thing "change" comes with such a cute face!! :)

This is totally blackmail, but this is for Aunt Jodie and Aunt Michelle. You two remember the picture on my mom's fridge of the three of you? I think Brooklyn just topped you in laughs earned in this picture!!

Brooklyn will be nine months on Friday. What?!!! Would time just slow down for a minute please?

Nine months has brought on the joys of rice cereal, tummy time, trying so hard to get her to learn to roll over (no luck with this one, as much as this frustrates me to see her not performing this skill yet)





Brooklyn has also decided sleeping through the night isn't for her anymore. She gets up at least once if not twice. Uugh. We've resorted to letting her sleep in our bed from 6:00am on from sheer desperation for sleep.
Change...gotta love it!! :)
For Meg cause she doesn't get to see the daily entertainment. And no, we didn't teach her this one.


3 comments:

The Hall Family said...

She looks so good. I love seeing her healthy! She doesn't even look like she was once so tiny.

brookeandruss said...

I am laughing out loud right now to myself watching that video! That is the cutest thing!! :)

Tricia and Jon said...

What a cutie! Blowing bubbles is such a fun trick :)