Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sometimes...

Sometimes we have good days.



  • Sometimes we have not so good days.

  • Sometimes I'm tired of being the mom that day.

  • Sometimes Brooklyn needs a change of scenery (aka..Dad comes home!).

  • Sometimes (most of the time) I love hanging out with the baby.

  • Sometimes (shame on me) I don't.

  • Sometimes I can't wait until naptime to feel like 'me' again.

  • Sometimes I can't wait for naptime to be over.

  • Sometimes I don't want to cook. Or clean. Or be the responsible one.

  • Sometimes I do. Sometimes.

  • Sometimes I leave my laundry sitting on the couch & dishes in the sink to do a blog post.

  • Sometimes I hate that babies get colds. And new teeth.

  • Sometimes I have to sigh when the baby finally went to sleep.

  • Sometimes I look forward to going to work to have some balance in my life.

  • Sometimes I'm ashamed to admit that.



  • But always I'm in love with this baby! On our good days and bad days. But the rough days sure do feel long sometimes...



  • Sometimes a little sleep is all everyone needs!


Don't you love sometimes?.............

4 comments:

Tricia and Jon said...

Ashlee-
I completely know what you are saying! I've been struggling a little bit lately. Sometimes I can't wait for bedtime to come around or for Jon to get home and give me a little break. But you are right, there needs to be some balance! I truly believe that when I have a little balance, I am a much better mommy. It is such a big adjustment to stay home and be a mom. I had no idea how hard it would be. You are such a great mom and I appreciate your honesty. It makes me feel so good that I can relate to another mommy out there. Love you and miss you! Can't wait to see you and Brooklyn :)

Greg and Sarah said...

sometimes........ okay all the time i feel like this too!

Jeff and Kathryn said...

She is getting so big! What a doll!

Tiffany said...

Well said! I second every single sometimes.