Saturday, July 9, 2011

Growing Pains

Life seems to creep up on you when you aren't quite prepared for it.

It seems to fly by as we get older, the time when we want it to slow down.


Time brings with it adventures, excitement, growth, learning.

It also brings with it stress, some failures, some pitfalls, and yes some fear.


The past six weeks for us have been a little stressful. We've been waiting to hear if Roger had cancer.



Yes, that's right. CANCER.



To our immense relief, no he does not. A physical found a lump on his neck. Following two ultrasounds, we were told he has a whole bunch of thyroid lumps. But they aren't cancer.


Holy cow, are we old enough to have to discuss such an awful word? When did we all of a sudden grow up and have to deal with 'growing pains'?


So to all of you who haven't had a physical lately, GO GET ONE. Right now, go schedule it.



On another good note, Brooklyn has officially outgrown her kidney reflux. Yet another miracle for us. Modern medicine...love it, but I'm gonna die young from the stress of it.

6 comments:

Erica said...

holy cow! i almost died when i read this!! i'm so glad that everything is okay. my dad had thyroid cancer and it was also found during a routine physical. such a miracle it was found.
so glad you are all okay!!

Cara and Steve said...

So glad to hear Roger is okay! I was so worried when Megan told me. It's crazy because you don't think that you have to face those kinds of things at our age, but there is always that chance. I like that last comment... I hear ya!

Meg said...

So glad he is OK! How scary for you guys!

Andrea Harper said...

I have been WAITING to hear this good news!!!!!! I wanted to text you so many times but didn't want to bring it up and make you talk about it in case it WAS bad news...I'm SO glad that it is not! Wahoo!

Jillian said...

Phew. The first thing that popped out when I saw this post was CANCER and my heart sunk. So glad I was able to read the full post and have my heart back where it belonged. :) So happy for you and your family right now...

Laura said...

So glad he is okay!