Friday, July 1, 2011

One Year Older....

....And wiser too?

Not sure about that, but the message Whitney left me this morning included her singing happy birthday and letting me know I'm getting old.


27!!!!!!!


What?! I feel 20, not three years away from 30! Birthdays are a great excuse to feel special, though. Tonight we're leaving Brooklyn with a babysitter and going to dinner and a movie. Lame? Probably, but the activities were my choice. WE, meaning Rog and I, haven't been to dinner and a movie together since we bought our house....almost two years ago!


Birthdays allow you to reflect a bit on your life and where you thought you'd be. Roger asked me this week if I'm where I thought I'd be at this point in my life. I can honestly answer yes. The road getting to this point wasn't exactly what I pictured back when I was in high school - but I have everything I ever wanted....my own little family. I sure do love them.


Happy Birthday to Megan today, too!

And all of the other Rasmussen birthdays this week.

And if you haven't read Meg's blog - head on over there! I earned a new title - I'm gonna be an aunt!!!

2 comments:

Jeff and Kathryn said...

Happy happy birthday!! Eat and do everything you want today! xoxo

ps you'll never be as old as me :)

Marianne said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you've had a wonderful day! Love ya!