Monday, August 29, 2011

Sharon Perry Rasmussen

My sweet Grandma passed away last night. I had the honor of being there to watch her pass through the veil into heaven.



My beautiful aunts, her daughters, surrounded her bed - encouraging her to go. To end her suffering and join Grandpa again after all these years.



My sweet cousin, Tyler and brother in law, Davis gave her a blessing. They told her she was loved, but it was time to give up her mortal journey. That she should no longer hesitate in staying on Earth. Three minutes later she passed on peacefully.


(Four generations....Sharon, Lisa, Ashlee, Brooklyn)

I sobbed in the corner as I watched my mom and her sisters cry over her. What a sacred experience, being in that room where the veil was so thin. I'm sure there were angels surrounding her bed last night. How heartbreaking to watch their grief. I wanted to hug them and make their hurt go away.


Grandma was spunky, the ringleader of this family. She was a constant party. And beautiful. She was loved so very much. And will be missed more than I think words can express.


Grandma you left quite the legacy. We love you and will miss you.

5 comments:

Greg and Sarah said...

Ashlee, my mom text me this morning to tell me what had happened. I am so sorry for your loss. I remember swimming at your grandma's pool when we were younger. I had funnest memories there. You guys will be in our prayers.

The Hall Family said...

I don't know if it's because I met your sweet Grandma a few times or am extra emotional after working nights all weekend, but your post made me teary. Sadness is healed by the joy of eternal families. So grateful that we know this wonderful principle.

Tricia and Jon said...

Ash - I am so sorry for your loss. I am grateful that you were able to have such a sweet and spiritual experience when she passed. Thoughts and prayers headed your way. Love you!

The Lichtie Family said...

OK, I just wrote the longest comment, and then Google deleted it... I think. Here it is again, sorry if it's a repeat!

I always loved when your grandma came to watch Brooke cheer. She always looked so decked out and fabulous in her jumpsuits.

I was in the room when my grandpa passed too. It really is an awesome experience. Very humbling and reminds you how close we really are to heaven.

Anyway, you are not returning my texts. For that, I hate you. (Obviously I kid.) Angie and I are getting together with our kids next week and we want to see you and Brooklyn. I assume the funeral will be next week when Paul gets back, so please call me or text me so we can find a time when you can join us!!

Meg said...

Sorry about your grandma. She is a very beautiful lady.