Tuesday, October 18, 2011

And so it begins....

First two weeks of nursery??? A success!!! Please tell me my baby will stay a baby forever...I cannot believe she's big enough for that already.

But nursery also means exposure to germs. And boy do we have one sick baby girl today. And so sleep deprived parents. We're just getting home from the doctor. It's amazing what a simple ear infection will do to a toddler's world.

I was supposed to work at 1:00am last night. I called Meg and told her to write a blog post so I'd have reading material at work, hopped into bed at eight, and planned to sleep until midnight. Roger woke me up at eleven with a miserable baby. The next few hours included us taking turns holding her, a sick call into work (I'm so sorry to my coworkers, you know who you are. Thank you for picking up my slack.), a midnight run to walmart for medicine, and spending a solid hour in the rocking chair with Brooklyn asleep on my chest. Her cough was so bad, she'd hack up a lung when lying down.

We're a bit tired today. But feeling better that we have antibiotics in her. She had to get her eighteen month shots today, too. Poor girl, she's gonna be miserable today. We worked her over.

Brooklyn is a gem. She's still smiling at me today despite her sore legs and ear. Doesn't it make you wish you had their resiliency? Kids are tough. And they make us adults look like wimps.

Looking forward to nursery in two weeks!

No comments: