Sunday, March 25, 2012

Brooklyn

Though everyone says it, I'll join the lame mom ranks and say I cannot believe my baby is turning 2! Two short weeks away and she'll be a little girl!


Brooklyn and I are buddies. Sometimes its a love/hate relationship and I'm counting down the minutes until Roger gets home to help out, but most days I love hanging out with her. She has so much sass! And that big smile of hers (with all of her funky teeth coming in)....ya can't help but smile back at her huh?



I'm thrilled to have another baby joining the chaos at our house, but part of me knows I'll look back on this time and miss it. Its so easy just me and her. So much fun. And so easy to focus completely on her. Brooklyn needs a playmate to help with her creativity and imagination - we all know mom can only do so much, but then another kid needs to be around to 'play'. Brooklyn loves me, but she adores other kids! I'm excited to watch her learn to love another sibling.


For the record, again, I still think its a girl. Despite how hopeful Roger is that its a boy because of how sick I was, my gut tells me girl. I was right with Brooklyn, lets see if my gut is right this time....hopefully we'll know in the next month!


Here we are at (almost) 14 weeks....


Its fun to watch your body naturally do this again. I was surprised at how quickly I showed this go around, but maybe I just used it as an excuse not to suck my gut in! Haha!

I have more pictures to post of our latest fun, plus we have another trip coming up, but the blog hasn't been priority lately. The nice weather, on the other hand, has! Roger's mom got some rough news the last couple weeks as well, so we've been focusing on that for awhile. I'll post another day on that subject as soon as we know more.

That'll do it for another few weeks! :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

I think it's a girl too. Love Brooklyn too!! tell her beau says hello.

Austin and Marianne said...

You are hardly showing! I am 6 weeks behind you and am showing much more! I'm in that really annoying in between stage where my regular pants don't fit, but I'm not big enough for maternity. Oh the fun things we go through!

Christine said...

Oh my goodness, i can't believe she is two! time flies. And congrats on #2! So very exciting. (p.s. I don't even wear makeup when I am pregnant from the running mascara! I am a crier when I puke too)

Tricia and Jon said...

Ash

I love the updates! Brooklyn is a doll and you look so good. I cannot believe that Brooklyn is turning 2 in just a few weeks! How did our babies get so big? It seems like yesterday we were meeting at Zupas and going up to the hospital to see her in the NICU.

Hope that you are feeling better and that Roger's mom is ok.

Love,
Tricia
(PS- I hope you have another girl. What fun our girls could have together!)