Wednesday, August 29, 2012

End of Summer Fun

Summer seems to end quickly.  Especially if you're a kid.  Then you realize you have a whole bucket list of things you still wanted to do before everyone heads back to school, jobs, and real life.  So we decided to cram a few very fun activities into the last few weeks of August.


Roger, Brooklyn and I headed down to his good old stomping grounds of Spanish Fork and saw our very first demolition derby.  It was hilarious.  Brooklyn was in awe....and managed to climb up and down the bleachers I swear no less than 50 times.  She was everywhere!  Thanks fam for entertaining us and Brooklyn!






The zoo was up next.  This is a must if you have kids.  I swear it seemed bigger when I was a kid though.  Despite my swollen feet, we braved the August heat to wander around...Brooklyn was giddy.  Beau could have cared less.  We were just glad to have parked in the shade and for the food my mom's work had provided!  Thanks mom for getting us tickets!



Brooklyn and I have also included in our summer fun this little man.  Oh my heavens.  I. Love. Him.  How could you not grin seeing this kid's smile?
We babysit him once a week (Meg and I trade babysitting days - I for sure got the better end of the deal).  Brooklyn defenitely struggled for a couple weeks with sharing my time, but she LOVES this guy.  But he owes her some good paybacks for pushing him over everytime he comes over (Brooklyn thinks he should be 'sleeping' because he's a baby).  Love you Beau.  You have full permission to push Brooklyn back once you figure out you can do that. :)



Roger really is included in most of our fun, I just don't like majority of the pictures of us together right now because I'm in the swollen stage of pregnancy.  My pride can only handle so much.  But Roger decided to spend his birthday weekend running the Rivalry Relay again this year.  Congrats on cutting 6 minutes off your time from last year running up Suncrest!  What a brutal race.  But fun - I'll be joining in on the fun next year for sure!



Now we're officially ready for Fall, Football season, cooler weather and of course, for Baby Girl to arrive!



No comments: