Wednesday, August 29, 2012

On the Countdown...

....... until this little lady has a sister!!!!


I think I'm in true disbelief that we're this close to the end.  Considering I've been pregnant literally all year (found out the beginning of January), its strange to be staring delivery in the face.  And a full term delivery, too!

I'm so grateful to have come this far.  I feel good for the most part and haven't hit that 'done' stage you hear so many women whine about.  Granted, my wardrobe is severely limited now and I'm attractively swollen (ha!), but this little peanut only has about 3 1/2 weeks left to wiggle around in there.

My only complaint is my feet.  Or what's left of them.  Oh my heavens are they swollen, especially after working.  About 1:00am last night I could feel my toes and tops of my feet hitting the top of my shoes and knew I was in trouble.  I was almost afraid of taking my socks off when I got home.  Roger just told me they look like Pillsbury Doughboy feet.  He's right.  And quite honestly, no one mentions how painful that part is.  I wonder why you don't get stretch marks on your feet?

We're slowly getting Baby's room ready.  Still working on a name, though. 

We are so ready to meet her!  (Roger's actually totally not ready and wishes she'd stay in a little longer, but I'm more than ready.)  Ready or not, she'll be here before we know it!  One more Progesterone shot to go and then they'll let my body do it's thing....maybe she'll decide to come a little sooner than we have scheduled.  Either way, we're thrilled to meet you Baby Gardner!

3 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

It's just so nice to have you so far along....even though you are having to suffer through the swollen feet. I think it has something to do with the heat because I didnt have that with Katy at all.
Oh man, good luck with a name...that is always SO hard!!!! Cant wait to meet her!

NatBug said...

How great that you are almost there and don't have to worry about a preemie. Good luck on your baby girl! And the swollen feet thing, I feel ya, I think it happens alot in third trimester summer pregnancies.

Austin and Marianne said...

I have to say my feet got so swollen with Jenna, I did get stretch marks on my feet! Crazy! Hope that doesn't happen again for me! Glad to hear that everything is still going great. Can't wait to hear when your little one arrives!