Sunday, September 2, 2012

Some Lasts

It's been a weekend for some wrap up at our house.  Starting with a shout hooray for giving myself my last Progesterone shot!!

For my own fun I thought I'd document my supplies and the process it takes me to do this each week.

  • First step, the 'stuff '.....needles, syringes, sharps container, alcohol pads and the medication.

  • Second step, drawing up the liquid into the needle.  It's not very much, but it's mixed into straight up sesame oil.  People, that is thick stuff!!  I have to use an 18gauge needle to get it out.  I can't use this same needle to give it to myself because I'd probably cry... Look at the size of that thing!

  • Third step, switch out the needle for one that I can fit into my muscle.  Close my eyes and go for it!  These puppies go into rotating thighs once every seven days.  I squeeze my muscle as hard as I can and dig my fingernails into my skin as I push in the juice (with white knuckles I might add since this is such thick stuff!).  Creating pain elsewhere helps me to not focus on how much it stings going in.  


Yes I give these to myself.  Roger would really pass out.  Were they worth it?  Yes, yes, yes!   And might I add, so much cheaper than the NICU bill our insurance had to pay the first go around.  (We paid about $50 total for these.  Brooklyn's total NICU bill was just under half a million dollars.  Thank goodness for insurance!)


Other 'lasts' at our house?  We bought Brooklyn a big girl bed and will be taking down her crib tomorrow!  Wish us luck in the sleep department.  Am I selfish to say I'm bummed the crib is going away?  It's nice to have her contained in there when she's going down for a nap or bedtime.


I've also put my awesome husband to work this weekend painting my mom's old furniture for Brooklyn's room.  The new baby will need something to put her stuff in, so Brooklyn is 'inheriting' some 'new' things. :)
Thanks mom!


Didn't Roger do a great job?  He painted these and added new handles and knobs.  They look like new!  Hard to believe these belonged to my mom when she was a kid huh?  Kind of neat too!

We're officially in the 'last' month of being pregnant.  Can't wait to meet this little one in person!!

1 comment:

Chandra said...

That would be so hard to give that to yourself! That's totally selfless love. I'm excited for you guys, and I'm happy that you've made it this far!

P.S. It was good to see you when I floated there a few weeks ago!