Friday, September 28, 2012

A Family of Four


Wow is all I can say.  A Family of Four.  We're smitten with this little gal!

Delivery Day dawned bright and early for us.  We had to be to the hopsital by 5:30am.  Combine that with no sleep from nerves, a toddler that got up at 3am and a neighbor's dog that barked for 2 solid hours, and we were exhausted!  But running on lots of adrenaline!!

We took a few 'last' pictures the night before....
 We love our toddler!


Waiting for the doctor to come in and start the party!!
Puffy eyes and swollen faces from lack of sleep.  And for me, the beginning of 4 liters of fluid they pumped into me in a very short time period...

The Waiting Room Party (at 7am!).....









Baby Brynlee was born at 8:11am, weighing in at a whopping 7lbs 15oz!!
I cried.  So did Roger.  What a relief to hear a healthy and loud cry when she came out.  They kept her in the operating room with us from start to finish....Roger actually carried her back to my recovery room.   So different from our first experience!



The First Meetings.......



This was my first chance to hold Brynlee.  Both Grandmas held her before I did because I spent the first two hours of her life puking.  So excuse my pasty white face, my swollen face, and the bodily fluids that I couldn't hide in every picture.  Pride goes right out the window with a delivery!






Brynlee has a 'storkbite' on her forehead - a perfectly shaped heart.  We think its a kiss from the angels in heaven that watched her for us before she made the journey to earth.  Isn't it adorable??


The first bath.......





Wow what an experience!!  We are enthralled, smitten, in love, overjoyed, and have the "don't get anything done because I spend my time watching you sleep" feelings in the Gardner household!  There is so much to post that there is absolutely no way I can do it all in one night.  So suffice it to say we are in love with our addition to the family. 

More details and pictures to come once I can find a minute alone to post again!

3 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

Oh my goodness! What a blessing, she is beautiful!!! I emailed you to set up pictures, can't wait to meet her! Congrats again!

Unknown said...

congrats ashlee!! she is so beautiful!

Meg said...

this post got me choked up! Im so happy for you guys. She is absolutely gorgeous, just like the rest of her family! Congratulations.