Monday, October 1, 2012

Life at Home

We had many visitors while in the hopsital.  Thank you to all who came to see us!  I have many more pictures, but seem to have misplaced my camera cord in my sleep deprived state, so these are the last of the pictures Meg so kindly took on her camera the day we were released from the hospital.





 Loading up into the carseat.  What a peanut.  And might I add, Brynlee no longer takes a binki.  This was pretty much the last time she wanted it.  Sigh.



 Brooklyn carrying out her loot.  Thank you to the kind people who brought a sibling gift for her.  Her guilty feeling parents bought her a bike, too.  We're such suckers.


Home Sweet Home.
Such a little body next to big tall Dad!







Brynlee is now 7 days old.  And I'm exhausted.  I was asked if I have cabin fever yet (we haven't left the house - call me paranoid).  Nope, no itch to get out and about yet.  I'm too tired to even think about it.  Brynlee and I are still figuring out the eating thing, which means we're up ALLLLLL night.  The last two nights we were up every hour from 12-6. 

But holy smokes has this little girl stolen our hearts.  Roger didn't put her down at all the first day.  I'm still in awe with how small babies can be.  Brooklyn is so sweet with her, but we're definitely having some behavior issues from her (as expected).  The sibling thing will get its own post, but suffice it to say we've had some food throwing at the Gardner household.  Love her.

Brynlee is a very sweet natured baby.  Roger called her boring because all she does it eat and sleep (minus those lovely middle of the night feedings that men so conveniently get to skip).  I'm excited to see how her personality will start to show itself.  She loves to be held.  Hates the bath.  Loves to get her hair washed.  And likes to eat. :)

As for me, I'm recovering pretty well.  The second go around on a c-section was as expected, but I'll say the recovery has been rougher this time.  I had some bleeding issues the first night, which ended in some pretty good anemia.  So my energy levels have taken until about today to perk up.  I can't seem to get enough sleep, despite Roger's amazing help.  He's literally done everything around the house, taken care of Brooklyn, held Brynlee and helped me.  I married a great guy I'm telling ya.  A few other incision issues have put me back a few extra days as well, but thank goodness for family that have stepped in to help us out.  Thank you family for entertaining and feeding our toddler, and for driving out to our house everyday this last week to help out where needed.  My heart truly goes out to those who have babies without family around.  I wouldn't have lasted without the help of my family this week!

One week down - I think we're figuring out somewhat of a routine!  Here's crossing our fingers now for some sleep tonight....I think I'll go to bed early and get a head start on the little miss. :)

4 comments:

The Holts said...

Ashlee, it's so fun to see your little family! The newborn stage is sooo hard, even though they don't do much other than eat and sleep. Hopefully she starts sleeping more than eating... :) Both your girls are adorable!!
-Shelley Holt

Nicole said...

Congratulations on your precious and beautiful baby girl!! I am so thrilled that she was so big and healthy and you are home already. No more nicu! I hope she figures out her days and nights VERY soon for you. Enjoy!

Laura said...

She is a DOLL!!! I am so happy for you. Keep the cute pictures coming!!

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations! Life with 2 kids does get easier as you establish a routine.