Monday, October 8, 2012

Sisterly Love

Today I made it out the door for two doctor appts.  And I was on time!  And didn't forget Brooklyn or the baby!  Kidding...... :)

Seriously, though, HOLY COW!!!  Who wants to come over and help me figure this war zone out?!
Good things kids are forgiving huh?

Aaaagh, so sweet.  Too bad Brynlee is the only one sleeping this good....


Life at our house has been a bit crazy to say the least.  It has taken a solid 2 weeks for me to feel like we have any sort of a routine down.  Sleep was in short supply at our house that first week.  I was a walking zombie at first.  Then after two straight nights of Brooklyn being up for hours straight on top of feeding Brynlee every 2-3 hours, I was a mess.

I proceeded to call my mom and Meg in tears....wondering how in the world I was ever going to succeed with two kids and still be functional.  And showered.  And teeth brushed. 


Brooklyn spent a few nights doing crazy things in the middle of the night.  I found her on top of our kitchen table requesting to eat.  At 3:00am.  Next we found her in the hall closet using some sunscreen.  Next night?  Found her vacuuming with her pretend toy vacuum.  Neglected child syndrome??  We didn't think we'd ignored her basic needs too much, but apparantly this was her way of acting out despite our best efforts to spend solo time with her.  She has since gone back to sleeping through the night, but boy were we tired after those nights.

Brooklyn LOVES Brynlee.  She's so sweet with her.  No hitting or smothering yet.  Though I feel like I'm constantly in defense mode around her, making sure she doesn't underestimate 'soft' and 'quiet'. 

Brooklyn and Brynlee look nothing alike.  Seriously.  Brooklyn = Rogerette.  Brynlee has her own look.  Yet again, neither child look like me though.  Maybe on the next one........ :)


How do Roger and I feel?  Well, Roger is hooked around both of his daughters' fingers.  Literally.  He has been pleasantly suprised by how much and how easily he fell for his newest baby girl. 

As for me, I'm realizing I was a selfish person before Brynlee came along.  Okay, in all honestly I still am.  I toted Brooklyn around with me everywhere, but SHE worked around MY schedule.  With two kids, I work around THEM.  Everything takes triple the time.  Some things just aren't worth leaving the house for (like dinner.  Sorry Rog.)  I for sure have to decide what I'm willing to pack up my house for.  But, I LOVE these two girls.  We're buddies.  And I hope someday I can be as close with them as I was with my own mom growing up.  Love to be a girl, love to have girls.

Enjoy the pictures in absolutely no order.  Because I'm exhausted and Roger is holding our fussy baby, I'm not taking time to rearrange them.  Days 1-14........ 






















5 comments:

Greg and Sarah said...

She is so beautiful! And you look way too good for just having a baby!!! I love that Brooklyn wanted to eat at 3 am!...I do every night too! :)

rawhide said...

She's cute!!! and Its funy that things Brooklyn would do (maybe not o you guys though). Good luck findig a schedule.

Christine said...

I am sure you are doing just great. I think at the beginning, surviving is the biggest thing and you are doing that, so you are accomplishing a big feat! It gets better and two is most definitely better than one!

Unknown said...

She is so adorable! That heart birth mark is so amazing-- literally your little sweetheart. I wish we were closer to take Brooklyn out to play and give you a little R&R. Stay strong, not much longer and she'll get big too fast. Love you guys!

Laura said...

I love this post. Having 2 kids is a HUGE adjustment. I think we all struggle to get a routine. Thank goodness for our Moms!! Life will get better each week. Your girls are adorable. Good work!!