Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tired means......

My definition of tired at 3 weeks old:

  • Laundry had to be rewashed because I forgot about it.  For four days.
  • Bathed Brooklyn...and forgot to wash her hair.  Didn't bother to put her back in the tub to wash it.  Good thing its healthy not to wash your hair everyday.
  • Find myself sitting up with my mouth open, head leaned back on the couch and my arms snuggling this adorable baby at 3:00am because we're having a hard time dragging oursleves back to bed.  The blanket on the couch is good enough as a bed.
  • 7:15 rolls around and I pray extra hard that Brooklyn will sleep in today.  Apparently the Lord is still sleeping, because Brooklyn is like my own personal alarm clock!
  • I'm not a very nice person by 6:30 at night.  Yep, so ashamed to admit that.  Poor Roger.  He comes home to a tired, frustrated wife a lot.  He's a saint by the way.  I got so lucky with that one.
  • Feeling bad that Brooklyn and I don't play nice all the time.  Playing 'defense' around her 24/7 is so exhausting.
  • Didn't leave the house today at all.  Still haven't been to the grocery store with both kids.
  • Only clean my house when I know we have company coming over.  I soooo look forward to those visits by the way!
  • Hurry to bed at whatever time both kids are asleep.  I try to sleep hoard when I can.  Those every 3 hours feedings are brutal.
  • Full body aches every night from lack of sleep.  And chasing a toddler around.  How come I don't remember that from the first go around?  Bought myself a heating pad.  Best ten bucks we've spent this week!
Tired also means:
  • I am forced to slow down and really get to know my two little girls.  Brooklyn is my buddy.  She has thrived with a more consistent schedule at home.  Shame on me for toting her around so often before.
  • Brynlee is an angel.  As long as I watch for her cues.  We're figuring each other out her and I.  Love her little features and her face that doesn't resemble Roger, Brooklyn or me.  Love her little stinkbug bum that pokes up when I burp her on my chest.
  • I appreciate my awesome husband for his help.  And patience.
  • I appreciate my family.  And Roger's.
  • I look at the calendar and am sad.  Has it really been 3 weeks already?
Tired means I'm responsible for someone else.  Two little someones.  Tired means I'm happy.  Tired means I cry sometimes.  Tired means I'm tired.

Tired means:
I am a MOM.  And proud beyond proud to claim the title and all that comes with it!


3 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

This is my favorite post ever. Makes me proud to be a mom...it also made me laugh because I feel like I'm reading about my own life. Don't worry, in no time she'll be sleeping through the night. But then again, that will mean this little girl is growing out of newborn stages, and that's just sad too! You have a beautiful family, and as you said, what a blessing to be a mom!

The Dalley's said...

I love this post! You are such an awesome momma! And your girls are seriously the cutest!!

AshleeMattMaxJack said...

Ash! Congrats on your baby girl! She is so gorgeous! I can't believe all these September girls!!