Sunday, April 28, 2013

Life is a whirlwind...

Life is crazy busy right now.  And I think I'm exhausted.

Sometimes I feel like I can't keep up.  Like I can't find a balance between everything I want to accomplish in the week.  But the busyness won't go away.  It's the kids, being married, being employed, being me, etc.....

It's a balancing act trying to find a good amount of time to spend on the things you have to do in your life and the things you want to do.  Sometimes the haves and wants are the same things (kids, spouse), sometimes they're not........and sometimes I feel like my life is falling apart some days!

But other days are quiet and peaceful and content.  I begin and end the day with a smile.  Other days are rougher or just simply busier.  I have found that the chaos of motherhood is exactly that....chaos.  I thought I'd be pretty good at it (I have awesome examples to follow in my own mom and mother in law)....some days I think I have it figured out, other days I'm just grateful we all survived to 7:30pm when at least one child is asleep for the night. :)

My family is struggling finding a good balance.  Still.  I posted something along these lines shortly after miss chunky cheeks was born.  I'm working 3 nights a week right now.  My sweet husband works equally as hard, and also spends a fair amount of evenings working late as well.  Sometimes we barely get a hi/bye in before one of us is heading out the door to work.  This occassionally results in a picure like the one below.........
Brynlee and Roger came to visit me at work.  At 4:00am.  Because she had been up screaming for three hours refusing to take a bottle.  I think she missed me.  The picture below is her grinning at her Dad as he got up to my work to let me feed her and calm her down.  Little diva.
 
My kids sure are fun right now though.  I think Rog and I are looking forward to summer....nicer weather, playing outside, vacations!  It really helps that Brooklyn and Brynlee are adorable - biased?  Yep!!

 
Excuse Brynlee's extremely bald head.  But I couldn't resist this cousins picture.  Evan belongs to Rick and Kim, and is just one month older than Brynlee.  So grateful Roger's siblings have kids my kids age!



Did I mention we're potty training?  Kill me please. It's NOT going well.  We've resorted to putting the potty in the tub and turning on warm water to get this child to pee.  
 
But Brooklyn thinks it's great fun.  See below...

 
What Brynlee things of all the drama......



And finally some random pictures of the fun at home.  Because Beau is cute.  And I'm in denial that he's leaving for Arizona in June and taking his mom and dad with him. 

 

 
Brynlee at 7 months is:
 
  • Avoiding baby food at all costs.  But likes table food. 
  • Discovered this week she can drink from a straw.  So funny.
  • Gets up in the night once, about every three days.
  • Still won't roll to her tummy.  I think her big head weighs her down. :)
  • Still nursing.  Had my first ever clogged duct last night.  Thought I was going to die.
  • Starting the "stinkbug" position.  Maybe she'll be crawling by our California trip in July?
I probably should start including more pictures of Roger and I.  My blog has been taken over by the girls.  Oops.  I've become 'one of those moms'.  I'll work on that for another post!

7 comments:

{owens} said...

Oh ash I have totally been there. This is just a "you are not alone comment". No advice..cause I work 3 nights in a row as well and hardly feel like my hubby and I see each other but life is full..even if its just full of chaos. We just finished potty training and we used the 3 day method by Lora Jensen (I think that's her name) and it went pretty good.. Not perfect but pretty good. Just an option if you haven't tried it. Ugh this mommy business is hard huh?

Jarred and Rachelle said...

I have tried to sit down with myself and tried to figure out what I can eliminate from my life to make my life seem less chaotic. The answer is always the same...nothing!! I feel your mommy pain and happiness at the same time. I just don't know how you working 3 nights a week. I am only doing 2 days a week. So you make people like me look lazy. Good for you for beginning and ending with a smile. I have to admit some of my days (not too frequently) end with some tears of frustration. A lot of nurses I work with admit they never want to have kids, because they don't want to give up their "life". I pity their life. They will never know the happiness being a mother brings. Even if it brings chaos it does bring happiness!! Keep going girl! You sound like a GREAT mother and wife and your girls are adorable!!

Team Beardshall said...

Miss you like crazy! Ha ha potty training! Oh well you don't see 10 year olds with diapers, right?!? One day it will just click and all will be over. Love all the cute pics...especially late night visitors at the hospital, so so funny! I feel the same sometimes with opposite schedules. Good thing you guys are awesome! Just sounds like you need more late night/earlyorninh visits at the hospital! Wink!

Nicole said...

I know, life can be crazy with little ones. And you are right, good thing they are dang cute!!

Good luck potty training. Yikes, isn't it the worst? But so nice when it's done!!

rawhide said...

Your girls are cute!!! I didn't know you were working 3 nights again......Good luck with that. I'm up for babysitting whenever you need a break....I have way too much time on my hands.

Laura said...

You are such a good mommy and we all feel the same way! Some days I LOVE LOVE being and mom and feel so grateful for my life. Other days I am pulling my hair out!! Your girls are darling and good luck with potty training. It isn't fun!!

AshleeMattMaxJack said...

Brynlee is a DOLL! I know life is hard, Ash. I am constantly battling the same thing. Sometimes you just need to breathe and look at all the good stuff. Then all the stress melts away a bit. You are such a cute momma!!