Monday, January 18, 2010

Ummm...

I think I'm nervous.

I walked through Target today just for the fun of it to see how much we truly need to buy for this baby. I might have panicked as I quickly walked back out.

Going over to the parentals tonight to get my crib that they have kept all these years. Want a true reality check? Let's see how I react as soon as Roger finishes putting it together!

Looked down at my expanding waistline today and realized I might not fit into my regular clothes all that much longer.

Called my cousin Heather to make myself feel better.

But......

I'm so excited!

I watch my cute husband talk about the baby like it's already here (he keeps calling it a "her" by the way! Anyone want to take bets?) and am so humbled to get to have his baby. He will be an amazing dad.

I watched my stomach go completely lopsided a few mornings ago and caught myself with my mouth open. Why hasn't anyone told me babies can do that?

My aunt Jodie told me today I'm big. And I smiled.

In relief society they pass around a binder with a pregnancy list on it.

We already have names picked out. No, you can't offer your opinion.

I get to be called a mom in six months! July 6th can't come fast enough!

5 comments:

Karen said...

It's completely overwhelming how much you have to buy...and it doesn't stop because they need clothes and toys for the rest of their lives! But they are so worth it all! You will be a great mom! I'm excited to hear what you are having!

Erica said...

i remember feeling overwhelmed too. i walked into babies r us and almost died. seriously... when you go i will tag along and help! i just did it with my sister-in-law and we got her all squared away. there are so many things to get for such a small person! so much fun!!

anya said...

I remember when Scott and I walked through Baby's R Us for the first time. He freaked out and said "Why didn't you tell me baby's cost so much!" Ha! Just watch your house transform into babyland. It's great!

Allison said...

Babies don't need to be that expensive, but they can be if you Let them. Wait on as many things as you can. You will be surprised and shocked at how much people give you from their hand me downs. Hit up the yard sales as soon as they start...you can get baby stuff that was hardly (if ever!) used for CHEAP! Go to DI, Kid to Kid, and any other second hand store frequently so that you can see all of the new things that come in (especially during Spring when everyone is cleaning out the closets! and HAVE FUN!!

Alli

Becky said...

I wanna hear your name choices! Unless you're waiting till she's born...