Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BETA BABES

Flashback down Memory Lane:

It was my first year of college, I was barely eighteen, and determined to make friends at the "commuter" school I had chosen to go to.

I completed "rush" at the U of U LDSSA Institute and was given my second choice of Beta. Was I ever grateful! Not every friend I made in this amazing group of girls was there with me that first semester - they trickled in as the semesters went by.

I made friends for life! I thought having a twin best friend in Megan would sustain me through the years of college and on into real life. Boy was I wrong. Meg has since moved on to fun adventures out of state and I was left behind to reevaluate my life.

I love my husband. He is my rock, my safety net, my best friend and more. I couldn't have been luckier that he picked me to spend his life with. But I underestimated how much I needed "girlfriends".

Girls need to have girl talk. They need to have times to be silly and carefree instead of responsible and grown up. They need a friend they can connect with outside of the day to day routine. They need every excuse possible to eat lots of good food and talk for hours on end about the good, bad, exciting, sad and everything in between. These lovely ladies have been that and so much more!

Since graduation the Beta girls have gotten together for "dinner group" every few months to catch up on life. Sometimes we're all there, sometimes its just a few of us. Last night Erica hosted dinner at her beautiful new house. (Thank you to her husband TJ for letting us take over his house for the night...we're a handful to say the least!)

To my beautiful Beta friends I have to say thank you! What would I do without you? Thank you for your friendship, your support and the great memories over the years. Can't wait for many more dinner groups in the years to come!



From left to right, back row: Kristin, Sara, Gina, Erica (and Owen)
Front row: Trish, Me
(missing Jessi - she had to leave early)

Three of us are pregnant, all due within six weeks of each other!
In order of due dates (right to left)
Gina: June 18 (with baby boy!)
Me: July 6
Trish: July 14


Thanks Erica for hosting! I'll host the next one in March??? :)

3 comments:

Erica said...

it was so fun to see you! i can't wait until next time & i can't wait to see your house! yeah!

ps. i can't wait for you to have this baby so we can have play dates. even if owen is massive and your baby will be tiny... play dates are a must!

pss. beta was my second choice too. sooo glad things work out for a reason!!

Erica said...

psss. i totally MUST have a phone call, text or email to know what you are having. so exciting!

Jane and Stuart said...

You are so cute! We need to hang out sometime. I want to know what you are having. I am not very patient.