Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Randomness

I had a few things happen this week that made me laugh and thought I'd share.

1. I had a rather unusual assignment at work yesterday. Keep in mind that I work at a children's hospital. Words like "potty, sippy cup and owie" are part of my daily vocabulary. The most requested foods are chicken nuggets and mac & cheese.

So when I showed up yesterday morning to find out I would be using leeches fairly regularly throughout my day as a method of healing I about choked. That's right...leeches. Gross? Ya. By the time I finished report I realized I would actually have to kill the poor things when we were done with them too. The random part? I actually felt bad!

I haven't been nauseous for almost two months during this pregnancy. But the leech idea did me in. I got all hot and red in the face, my eyes watered and the idea of having to actually touch the squirmy thing basically tipped me over the edge. So??? My lucky trainee got to do it! Love her!

2. On the way home from this same day of work I'm feeling a little frustrated. I'd gotten off work almost an hour late because it was a crazy day. And I'm boxed in by some fairly bad drivers. Slow drivers drive me nuts! So what could add to my day to make it more random? I hit a skunk...... (yep, pretty mental picture huh?) So Roger and I are at the car wash at 10:00pm doing our best to get rid of the smell. Okay, so Roger washed the car. I was inside the car hoping and praying there wasn't anything he could actually see leftover from the poor skunk. The Murano spent the night in the driveway instead of our garage to avoid sticking up the entire house with the smell.


End of story.

5 comments:

Maranda said...

I didn't really think they used leeches...That is disgusting! I, too, cannot stand bad drivers. Especially when you just want to get where you're going quickly. I can't believe you hit a skunk. That is so funny. Hope the smell doesn't linger too long on your car!

C & E said...

U crack me up! I can't believe you hit a skunk..thats bad luck! We miss you guys and we all need to get together soon!

Lindsey said...

Leeches are the #1 reason why I could never be a nurse. Do they have the little leech "houses"? We got an entire leech catalog at the dr's office I worked at, I think I would have walked if I would have had to order any. The skunk thing is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. I'm surprised you went with Roger, I think Tom would have been on his own at the car wash. I'm glad you aren't sick anymore. Your tiny baby bump is precious!

Christine said...

The smell of skunk would make me toss my cookies, that is for sure!

The Holts said...

It is a rare thing to have to use leeches, I think. I'm glad it was YOU and not ME. ha ha!! What a good little nurse trainer you were to have your trainee do it. Experience is what matters. :)