Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy!!!

It's a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha, gotcha didn't we?
  • The big ultrasound was this morning. I was a total wreck going into it. Roger was as calm as can be. Bless him. My blood pressure was sky high and I went back and forth between throwing up and horrible stomach aches.
  • All of you ladies that have had an ultrasound before...you know that lovely 32oz. you have to drink before? Ha, ya right that was going to happen for me! They were running a little late (like a full hour!), so off to the bathroom I went. I've never been so relieved in my life. The pressure was killing me.
  • The little gummy bear decided to do a complete somersault right in the beginning of the US, ending up face down against my bladder. She balled up her fists in front of her chest, and tucked her knees up to her tummy (Hmmm, yes I'm a pediatric nurse). I thought I was going to have to do some serious aerobics or something to get her to roll over to see if "it" was a boy or girl.
  • For all of you CSU people that take the time to read my blog (thanks by the way) - her heart had all four chambers! (I may or may not have had them check four different times) As for the rest of the "fun" stuff I see at work, our little munchkin is as healthy and "normal" as can be. It was at this point that I totally lost it. She had to stop the US for a minute to find me a box of kleenex. I think Roger thought he'd married a crazy woman. But, I calmed down and proceeded to finally get the little diva to prove she was a girl!
  • We are absolutely thrilled! Okay, so Roger was hoping for a boy partner in crime, but he's getting over the shock of producing a girl. And you know what? She'll be daddy's little girl the minute she comes out. Roger won't know the meaning of the word no.
  • As for me, I'm more than ready to tackle the world of bows, frills and typical girl stuff. So so so excited!!!!!

15 comments:

Greg and Sarah said...

Congrats! Girls are the best! We should know that coming from our families right?! :)

Maranda said...

I am so excited I can't stand it! I really hope now that Heather is having a girl. That would be so much fun! Oh, I can't wait.

Kellee said...

Wahoo! I'm so excited for you! Do you know what names you are thinking of?

Karen said...

Congrats!!! I can already tell that your little girl will always look like a little princess!

NatBug said...

Yeah Ashlee, it would seem fitting in your family to add another girl to the mix! I am so excited for you! I must admit that I am a little jealous that you get to buy bows and all of that other "typical girl stuff", but hey, since I am having a boy only a week or two sooner we will have to arrange a marriage! J/K! Take care, Nat

Unknown said...

Congrats again!
I had to laugh about the 4 chamber thing... I think we all do that :-)

Greg and Karianne said...

Ashlee congrats! I know I'm far away but I still read your blog and I'm so happy for you! Especially that she's healthy!

Jeff and Kathryn said...

Congrats! I can't picture you with anything but a little girl! How exciting!

Andrea Harper said...

Holy crap! You already know what you are having! I feel like it was 2 seconds ago that you were in my chair and not even SHOWING! I'm so excited for you guys! Hurray for girls! (could I use any more !!!!'s?)

Christine said...

Oh how fun! I love little girls, especially for a first child. Hooray for you.

The 32oz water chug is the worst thing in the world,I can never it keep it down and it makes me wonder if you really need it!

Ape and Er said...

Congrats on the little one! Best news ever!

Tricia and Jon said...

I'm so excited for you! Our little girls will be so close in age. It's going to be so fun!!!

Cara and Steve said...

Congrats Ashlee!!! Little girls are so much fun. It's like playing dress up everyday. Megan told me you were coming down to visit soon... I would love to see you :)

Becky said...

Woohoo!!

Jane and Stuart said...

Girls are the best! That is so exciting! They are so fun to dress. I didn't have to drink 32oz of water. That would stink! She is going to be a cute!