Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Rough Day

  • Back on the bili lights
  • Threatening to go back on the vent - too many breath holding spells
  • Lost weight last night
  • Stopped feeding her because of the air in her tummy from the cpap = a new humongous tube down her throat to suck out all of the air trapped in her stomach
  • Upset baby because she's starving = lots of crying from Brooklyn = lots of tears on my end
  • Grayish coloring today = another echo of her heart to see if the PDA has closed yet

I. Am. So. Tired. Of. Crying.

Sigh......



(Found out Brooklyn loves her binki. Good thing we have a way to soothe her while we're not feeding her. Lood how awful her coloring is today - see what I mean about the grayish color to her?)

(Can you see her face under all of this stuff? Cute little thing likes her hands by her face.)

(Sorry to make you turn your head to see this pic)


(My daily spot. Love my girl. Excuse my red nose, I'd just been crying when the docs spoke with me.)


(Attempting to pick her nose?? Just kidding. :) )


(The nice guy doing the echo of her heart has huge hands next to this little body.)


(Precious cargo. )




Things to remember from the last couple days:

  • Brooklyn peed on her nurse's hand...sorry Jessy! Paybacks for waking her up every three hours, huh? :)
  • Yesterday she had her hands over her eyes when I came to see her. I thought she was sleeping. I bent down to peek in the bottom of her isolette and saw one eyeball staring at me. Heehee, so cute.
  • Brooklyn immediately calmed down again today after I started talking to her. What I wouldn't give to just hold the cute little runt!

7 comments:

Karen said...

I'm sorry things are worse. I can't even imagine the roller coaster you guys are on. Hopefully tomorrow brings better news. I can't believe how long her fingers are! It's crazy.

The Holts said...

I love that last pic. That is a keeper! After she grows up and gets to be a chubby baby, you might have a hard time remembering those tiny toes!

Kati said...

Those are the cutest little feet! I am sorry that things were not good today! She must like keeping you guys on your toes:) They learn to do that so young!!!

Brooke said...

Hang in there! I'm sorry things weren't very good, she's a strong little thing! We're praying for you!

Becky said...

Ohhh, Ash. I'm hurting for you. You are amazing. Here's to better days...

Nan said...

I love the sweet pictures of her hands and feet! They are so small! I am sending prayers your way.

Nanette

Sister Nancy Ercanbrack said...

Ashlee and Roger,
She is beautiful!!Your strength is an inspiration. We love you greatly! We are praying daily for you.
Terry and Nancy Ercanbrack