Thursday, June 3, 2010

Catching Up

Yes we've been busy! We left this sleeping sweetheart...

...to visit Lake Powell!



I was very hesitant to leave Brooklyn. I have not missed a day visiting her since she was born. But Roger and I needed the break from life for the weekend. So we left the baby with her second mom's at the hospital (thanks Jessy and Rahndi for taking such good care of her), and enjoyed the sun and water. I didn't have doctor clearance to ski or tube, danget, but everyone else entertained me with their mad skills on the wakeboard and surfboard.

Thank you so much Jen and Kelly for a great trip!! Shall we go again next month?! :)



We were itching to see this cute face, she didn't disappoint us...wide awake and looking cuter than ever when we showed up. Did I mention she gained 1/2 lb. while we were gone? Promise I'm not switching out my milk for whipping cream!





Then we had a shower for Heather and I - so so much fun! Heather is due with baby boy August 20th (yes our kids were supposed to only be six weeks apart - oops.) Thanks Brooke and Nat, you outdid yourselves!



And finally, I started back to work this week. What an odd feeling knowing our little squirt is one floor above where I'm working. Yesterday was my first day back - it was insane - but good to be back in my routine. I visited for five minutes during my lunch break, then again after I got off shift.
In clothes for the first time!


Progress Report:
  • She hit four pounds last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!
  • Brooklyn is off high flow and on a nasal canula. She still is on room air.
  • She passed another eye test - one more in two weeks and then we're done. I'm so glad... they are awful to watch. I stood by the sink with my back to her while they did it and cried with her the whole time.
  • Hardly any breath holding. Maybe one every few days that requires her nurses to stimulate her.
  • And finally attempting to bottle feed her once a day. Wish I could say she did well with this one, but I can't. She shows no interest. Oh well, we'll keep working on it. Good thing for feeding tubes!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Oh she look so cute in her clothes!!! I'm so glad she's at 4 pounds. That's awesome. Its also nice that you guys got to get away. It sounds like you had fun.

Nan said...

So glad you finally posted something!! I was just about to call you and see if all was well but I thought to check the blog today to see if you gave an update and you did. So glad you had a chance to enjoy the sun. She looks just beautiful!

Nanette Christensen

Ellingson's said...

She's definitely chubbed out.. what a cutie! I bet it was nice to have a break- all moms deserve one!

brookeandruss said...

Yay!!! She gets to wear clothes! She looks so precious in her litte outfit. I am so glad you guys were able to get away to Lake Powell for a few days. :)

Lori Wyatt said...

She is looking so good pudging up and everything! Haha, I guess 4 lbs isn't so pudgy, but for her it is a good thing!

Unknown said...

She is adorable and she looks so good!

Cara and Steve said...

Oh my gosh... she is so adorable & growing so much! I love those soft pajamas (I'm sure they are so tiny too!). Grace had some just like that... she absolutely loved them, and I was constantly doing wash to keep them clean! I'm so glad you were able to go to Powell; a much needed break :) And by the way... you look great!!

Patrice Pedersen said...

Yay for four pounds!!! I'm So glad you guys got a little break you needed it! She is a doll!