Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!

--From me and Brooklyn--

Roger: Who would have imagined this is how you would spend your first Fathers Day? Thank you for all you do, your hard work does not go unnoticed or unappreciated. I love watching you melt into a softy each time you see the baby. I love that you are the ultimate gentleman, even after all of the years we've known each other. I appreciate the sacrifices you have made for me, for us, for our future. I am proud to be married to you. Thank you for giving me my "happily ever after".

Dad: How many girls in this world get to say they are friends with their dad? Thank you for your support, for your constantly positive outlook on life, for always making sure I'm okay - no matter how big or small my current crisis may be. I appreciate the lunches, the trips, the chats, the text messages. So grateful to you for all you have taught me. Can't wait for your first granddaughter to call you Grandpa Cort! :)

Gary: Every girl's perfect father-in-law. What more could I ask for? Thank you for accepting me into your family, for raising Roger to be who he is today. Thank you for treating Susan so incredibly well...your sons have learned this from you. I get to benefit from your example! Thank you for all you have done for us during the last few months!

And some pictures of the little lady that allows us to celebrate Fathers Day with a little more emphasis in it!

For those who have asked how Brooklyn is doing, thank you for your care and concern. She is doing much much better. She is off all airway help, including Caffeine (again). We are on the countdown to....dare I say it....home. We can't get excited yet, she still has some work to do with her feeding issues. And has to go seven days off of Caffeine without a breath holding spell. Her original due date is in two weeks - should I make one of those countdown chains?? :)

5 comments:

Nicole said...

What a sweet post! Kind of sad to celebrate Mother's and Father's Day in the hospital with your baby but she loves you so much! You are great parents already.

Yes! Make a count down chain I say...although if it's out and they say she's not ready that might be hard! Give yourself a few extra links maybe!

Good luck with the feeding. That is what Ali struggled with. Keep up the stamina little Brooklyn! Wake up to eat!! THen you can go home!

The Hall Family said...

Happy Fathers Day Roger. I won't be able to see you guys until next weekend because I've gotta call in sick tomorrow. Lost my voice completely with adult croup, which by the way sucks! I think I was coming down with it late Wednesday afternoon, so I'm glad they pulled me off of Brooklyn's assignment. Oh the fun of what our kids share with us. You will be able to experience this soon enough. Good vibes your way while I'm gone.

Staci Davies said...

Wow Ashlee, I stopped by your blog to see how you are doing, I didn't expect to see this. I am so sorry what you've had to go through, but glad you are both okay and have come a long way. She is absolutely precious. I will e-mail you...

Jess said...

She is so cute! Happy Father's Day Roger!

NatBug said...

What a cute post! I hope that she gets to come home soon as well!