Sunday, June 6, 2010

Milestones

I believe in miracles. I believe in a Heavenly Father who knew that Roger and I needed to see this sweet little girl turn a corner. Okay, maybe just me. But either way I am so grateful for the miracles this little peanut has given us. The progress she has made in the last week has been humbling to watch.

So what has she done?

This favorite nurse of ours, Jessy, worked her magic and got her off her nasal canula and into an open crib. So we went from this...

....to this!! Below shows you just how tiny she is in this huge crib. Keep in mind this crib is about the size of one of the desks you used to use in elementary school.

Isn't she a runt? Even the preemie clothes the hospital has been putting her in are big on her. But seriously, doesn't she make you grin? Don't you say "Aaaaaww" when you see these pictures?

Other fun? I broke our rules and let Meg hold her since she won't see her again until late August. Brooklyn gave Meg a smile while holding her.




This picture shows how funny she is when sleeping. Mouth wide open. And don't ya love the bow?! It's as big as her head. Most of the time she's in a hat to keep her warm since she's in a big girl bed now, but I couldn't resist being the annoying mom for a bit. :)



Love these two. So much.

21 comments:

Meg said...

She is beautiful!

Nan said...

Wow! She still is just so tiny. She looks just so beautiful! So glad this past week has been wonderful for you and Roger.

Nanette Christensen

Erica said...

ahh, this made me so happy! it is so great to hear good news!
can't wait to meet her!

Unknown said...

She is so beautiful. I'm so glad she is gaining weight and doing so well. We will keep you in our prayers.

Love,
Janet McLain

Carrie said...

HOORAY! She is so cute! And that bow just makes me smile!!!! Keep growing little one!

Maranda said...

She is beautiful Ashlee! I'm glad she has improved so much. She looks liked she's filled out quite a bit. I know she's still little, but she looks like a healthy new born in those pictures. So cute!

Gina said...

Ash! She looks like a totally different girl now. She keeps getting more and more beautiful. So cute!!

Ellingson's said...

she sure doesn't look small in the close up pictures. what a doll! how happy for a normal bed!!

anya said...

Oh my gosh. I didn't look at your blog for 2 weeks and look what I missed! I am so so so glad that she is doing so well. I am so happy for you. Seriously so great Ashlee.

zarbocks said...

Love it!!! You have to put pictures up when you put her in the cute outfits we got her!!!

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

Ashlee,
I have been so out of the loop with checking blogs and I just caught up on yours. I cannot stop crying. I am so sorry that you guys have to go through this but it does seem like you are staying strong. Seeing the pictures of precious Brooklyn, bring back memories of Gracie's NICU stay. I had many meltdowns and she was not there near as long as Brooklyn gets to be there. You are all in our prayers. She really is beautiful and is obviously a fighter. She is lucky to have such wonderful parents. Hang in there....hugs and kisses!

Austin and Marianne said...

I wish I would have known about your blog sooner! Brooklyn is precious! She is sooo cute and I'm glad to hear that things are going so well! Lookin' forward to catchin' up this week!

Laura said...

These pics make me so happy! Keep up the good work!

Patrice Pedersen said...

She is looking so good!!! Tiny still, but so good!!!

Brooke said...

How Exciting! I love her bow!

Kati said...

So I haven't been on a computer lately and I can not believe how much your sweet babe has grown! She looks so cute and big, well big for how little she looked at first:) I am glad that you are all doing so well!!!

Shana Smith said...

She is really such a GORGEOUS little girl. So glad to hear about the happy news!

Cara and Steve said...

She is soooo adorable! Love the bow in her hair and that cute hat! She really is starting to fill out. Such a cute peanut in that little crib! I'm so glad she is doing so well :)

Katrina said...

She just keeps getting more and more adorable! I love the bow, and all of the hats.

Us Lochers said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! What a huge milestone too, getting her first big girl bed!

NatBug said...

I was so happy to see such a great post! Her progress is amazing! I am so glad that she is in her crib, even if she does look teeny in it! You can definitely tell that she is growing. I love her little outfits and bows, such a cutie!