Saturday, May 15, 2010

Finally

She's still a daddy's girl. Enough said.



Another skin to skin session...






Seriously, is she just the cutest ever? No one would ever guess who she belonged to - hello Roger clone!

Second Family Picture........


Another of our favorites, Emma! How we love and appreciate our nurses!



And finally, showing off her chub! Excuse her red skin - we had just finished skin to skin - we were both bright red.


Progress Report:
  • She had a big week - another head scan, another heart echo and an eye test. We are able to say with a big sigh of relief that all were normal. Yet again, how blessed we are!
  • Obviously still on the vent - but working on Cpap trials to strengthen her lungs so we can extubate her soon.
  • Still having a few breath holding spells a shift - so not coming off the vent until those taper off
  • Gaining weight - yay! 2lbs. 14 oz!
  • At "goal" feeds and tolerating those well
  • She's more alert these days (if she decides she wants to wake up from her beauty sleep)
  • Dr. King mentioned the word "home" yesterday - I laughed and told him that word was taboo until she is off the vent and over three pounds. Then we can start hoping for progress towards home.
  • She's grown 1.5 inches since birth - amazon child!

In summary, we feel so awed by how well she is doing and how far she has come. We still have our days where we're so tired of this whole situation - it gets old in a hurry. But she is still so little and technically only 32.5 weeks if you look at the countdown on the sidebar (yes I left that up for my sanity...or insanity...either one works). I have my days where I feel like I'm holding my breath, waiting for the ball to drop, so to speak. But I'm hoping with all my heart that she is passed the point of any major setbacks. Day by day, we get closer to bringing her home with us. We can't wait.

7 comments:

AshleeMattMaxJack said...

Ash, those pics of your skin-to-skin session are so beautiful!! I am so happy to hear she is doing so well!

PS- Kids ALWAYS look like their daddies for some reason.... :)

Amanda said...

Ashlee!! I'm so glad to see that she is doing so much better. I'm constantly thinking of you and praying for you guys! Keep us posted!

Kati said...

I love the pictures! I am so glad that you guys get to hold her now, the skin to skin has to be so wonderful!

Tricia and Jon said...

I can't believe that she is changing so much! You really can see how she is filling out. Keep it up little Brooklyn!

Brandi said...

It was so fun to run into you! We have been thinking of your sweet family and praying for you often. Hang in there! She is a doll!

brookeandruss said...

Yay, for Roger!!! I am so glad he finally got to hold his little girl. She is looking so good! So glad all the test came back normal, such a blessing:)

Cara and Steve said...

She is so darn cute. I'm so glad that Roger was finally able to hold her and that you were able to cuddle her close to you (I'm sure she was just loving it). P.S.- I hope your recovery from the c-section has been going well. It seems that I was sore for quite a while afterwords... hopefully that isn't the case for you.