Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Still Here

Oh hi. Yep, still here. Life has been busy, and this cute girl has had a quiet few days.
Progress Note:
  • Dr. Chan would like to extubate within the week - crossing our fingers!
  • Gaining weight - she hit three pounds Sunday night! Yay for our sort of chubby girl!
  • Has a bit of reflux from the lovely caffeine she's on. Caffeine helps stimulate her brain to communicate with her lungs to breath on her own. We calculated her dose - she's getting the equivalent of 28 Mountain Dews a day!!! Yikes.

The rest are just pics because she's so cute.

Does this look like a model pose or what?

She always has her hands up by her face, grabbing her ears, over her eyes, hanging over her breathing tube. Love this girl, she's good entertainment.

Hello. Someone talk to me.

Fine, if you won't talk to me, I'm going back to bed.

I know, I know, I'm cute. You all wish you looked as cute as me.

Nighty night!

Some fun things to remember:

  • Brooklyn LOVES to have one foot stretched out at all times. Seriously. She has totally charmed the NICU staff.
  • She has attitude. I was holding her feet a few nights ago and she totally kicked me out of the way! Not just once, but five times. Roger was bent over laughing. Yes we were probably slap happy at that point because we're so tired, but it sure made our night.
  • I am totally fascinated just watching her. Doesn't matter what she's doing, she could be sleeping and I still could watch her for hours. I get absolutely nothing done at home because I crave seeing her.
  • And for anyone that would like to know - life flight is expensive! I'm not shy, plus we have insurance, so I'll share the fun numbers with all of you... $8300 for that quick flight. We'd pay it a hundred times for our cute squirt!



    And as always, some videos for your enjoyment. Sorry they're a little dark, these were taken at night. The lighting isn't great.


3 comments:

NatBug said...

Ash, she is so adorable, I look forward to your updates and pictures. I am glad that she is doing well. Holy cow on the caffeine equivalency of the mountain dews! And holy cow on the cost of life flight! Good thing it helped save her life and good thing for insurance!

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

what a sweet little lady! you guys are so strong...i don't know how you do it! i'm so glad things are going well for you! ;)

Allison said...

She is looking so cute! It is amazing how tiny she is, and yet at a whopping 3 lbs her little face looks great! I can't believe the caffeine dose...who would have thought it would be used to help treat her! I hope that extubation goes smoothly this week....one step closer right?!