Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Three Weeks Old

She's three weeks old today. Wow. Time flies...sort of.

Roger got to help weigh her last night, which means it was his first time holding her. She decided to pull one of her classic stretches right when he lifted her - see the second picture for her fabulous stretch...both arms, both legs. Love it.








For the Rigtrup Family....

We've had requests to see the life flight videos. I'll admit, the first two times I watched these were in my own hospital room. I cried, hard. In all honesty this footage reminded me of a funeral. I couldn't watch these again for a couple weeks. Now I watch these in awe. There is a reverence and sacredness in these videos that I didn't recognize the first time. The life flight team were our saving grace that night. It was 2:30am and we were living a true nightmare while everyone around us was sleeping...yet these ladies gave us assurance that everything would turn out alright.

To Andrea and Audri, our two Life Flight nurses - thank you for making this such a special night for us!

4 comments:

NatBug said...

My goodness....watching those videos was very touching. And you are right, yes, the videos are very reverent and sacred. I had tears in my eyes.

I love her stretching picture, she looks like she has grown....she is so cute!

Ellingson's said...

Ashlee, she's such a cutie! Your family will continually be in our prayers! Please call me if you need to talk or get out. It was good to see you tonight!

Greg and Sarah said...

Ash, I keep getting updates from my mom on little Brooklyn. She is so beautiful! Please let me know if I can do anything for you. I live very close to the U, so I'd love to bring you lunch or help with whatever you need! And I'm also excited that our girls have the same birthday! It's funny our moms became grandmas on the same day! Your cute little family is still in our prayers!

Nan said...

I love the picture of her stretching!! She is so cute!! It was so good to see you last night. I really want to help in anyway that I can. See you soon.

Nanette