Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Birthday!!

To Me, Meg and Dani!
We're all celebrating in different states today, but it sure is fun to know we're all one year older together!


My birthday picture today. Pretty sure its not either one of our most fattering pictures, but whatever. After the pics I posted of my four chins the night this cutie was born, my pride was out the window from then on.

Post pregnany has not been nice to my hair. And I didn't have much to work with in the first place. Oh well.



I've missed her. I've been out of town, and sick. Hence the lack of posts. I woke up this morning giddy that I finally got to see her today!

(Last week, prior to our visit to Roger's family reunion over the weekend....)


Brooklyn is obviously still in the NICU. Bummer. She's now gone two days without a spell, but as you can tell still on both oxygen and flow. She's not quite ready to start cooperating with us. Love her, but I'm getting the feeling she's gonna be a hellian when she's two!

I think we're looking at another two or three weeks up there. Blah. But I don't want to bring her home in her current status. It's no fun to hold or even touch a newborn that is so sensitive...for example - I changed her diaper today and her knees were pushed into her stomach enough to make her reflux and gag. She, of course, held her breath and did her usual stunt for us. But this time she self-recovered. Finally. I was also holding her, not even moving her, and she proceeded to drop her heartrate and oxygen, without any change in color! Seriously?! I'm not bringing home a baby that is that sensitive.

So we'll continue to enjoy our full night sleep for now. And Brooklyn will continue to be in constant timeout. :)

Love that girl!

6 comments:

Austin and Marianne said...

Happy Birthday Ash! You are such a trooper! I pray for you and your little one everyday! Hang in there! Brooklyn is such a beautiful baby! Let's do lunch soon.

Cara and Steve said...

Happy Birthday Ashlee! I went over to see Megan yesterday and wished her a happy birthday too! Brooklyn will come home soon enough and then a whole new set of craziness will start! Hang in there :)

Jess said...

Happy, happy birthday! I hope it was fabulous. Brooklyn is so darling! She will be home soon!

sherryandtres said...

Dear Ashlee,
Happy birthday to you and Meg and Dani. Of course, it wasn't you due date either. A story that you will be able to tell Brooklyn Later.It says her 80 days are up so I just wanted to let you know, how impressed I am with your blog. I wish so much I could have been able to store memories of Seth this way. You are so luck. I love you and Keep your chin up. Love, Sherry

Nan said...

Happy Birthday to you! I know there are a lot of up's and down's but hang in there :). You are always in my prayers.

Nanette

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Ashlee! You and Brooklyn both look great, I can't wait to meet her when she comes out of timeout:)