Thursday, July 15, 2010

You Know You're A Mom When...

You put your baby in her swing, in your bathroom while you shower....just so you can wipe away the steam off the door and make sure she's still sleeping. And breathing. (I have the added benefit of her heart monitor on the counter in full view.)

You spend all day trying to get her to smile. And cry the day she smiles for real instead of it being a gas bubble.

You're catch yourself with your mouth open and head leaned back on the couch because you fell asleep while waiting for the baby's feed to settle - all so she won't throw up everything you just fed her. You also spend multiple nights on the couch sleeping with her so your exhausted husband can get some much needed sleep. (He gets the 5am shift because its your deep sleep time.)


You're giddy to put bows on your daughter! :)


You eat whatever is on the counter for breakfast because you are too distracted to make something. For me that would be a cupcake, a cookie, or some chocolate (yes people have brought us treats). Or you pull a stunt like I did this morning...eating a bowl of cereal, while pumping, and on hold with social security people - while the baby sleeps in her swing directly in front of you. Call me paranoid.

Brooklyn is acting more and more like a real newborn. She hardly has days where she has the preemie look anymore. But you could probably shine her bald head and see yourself in it if you wanted to! :)

5 comments:

Megan said...

Love the outfit. :) Holy huge eyes. So STINKING CUTE!!! MISS HER!!!

Nicole said...

I can't believe you have time to blog!! But it's so fun to read, so keep it up! She is such a cutie! So fun to see all the smiles!! Can't wait for her to be oxygen free! And I'm sure you'll be excited too :)

Oh and I totally want to come and see her! We are headed on a trip but then I will get a hold of you!

Maranda said...

She is so adorable! I love the outfits and the bows. It's so much fun to dress girls. It makes me happy to know you're using the blanket I gave you, or you just make me think it by putting it in pictures. haha! Anyway, she's such a cutie. Can't wait to meet her!

Karen said...

She is so cute! And I remember the whole wiping the steam off the shower bit! :) I'm glad that she's doing so well. Oh and Brooke had her nights/days mixed up too but it only lasted 2 nights for me! hopefully she figures it out soon.

Austin and Marianne said...

She is so fun and adorable! Can't wait to meet her! I totally did the put the baby in the bathroom so you can shower thing. Unfortunately we didn't have a swing or bouncer till she was 3 months old, so for the first few months she laid on my bed and screamed. Sad I know.