Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Days

We love our smiley girl! :)
Yes I put this humongous bow on her. Couldn't resist.

She's sleeping on her side and on an angle to avoid throwing up and choking on it. Brooklyn still has some awesome reflux issues. She refluxed out her nose today - and went a pretty shade of blue. In the hospital they would wait and see if she recovered on her own (part of the criteria to come home). Today..no way. I pounded her on the back and blew in her face. It worked. :)

Meg getting in one last visit yesterday before flying home.

Brooklyn has her oxygen out of her nose more often than in it. Haha. :)

Aunt Michelle, notice the outfit? Love it. The swing, too. It allowed me to take a shower today.

Some more eye rolling before she falls asleep - also when she's the most smiley.

How'd night 2 go?

Awful. She was up every hour from midnight until five.

I ended up on the couch with her so Roger could get some decent sleep. She has her days and nights mixed up for sure. Ya, that would be your fault all 5 of our primary nurses! I'm calling you tonight at 3:00 when she wakes up again! J/K. :)

Have I said how much fun it is having her home? Might not have brushed my teeth until noon. Or showered until one. I still get nothing done - still completely fascinated!! :)

10 comments:

Ape and Er said...

I'm so glad she finally made it home! She's adorable!

Nan said...

I love all the beautiful pictures!! I hope you get more sleep tonight :) Good luck!!

Nanette Christensen

cwilson said...

How fun! It's amazing how you can work on no sleep when you have something so cute! She's adorable!

rawhide said...

yeah she is home.....i have been waiting to see when that would happen.....enjoy the no sleep!!!

Katrina said...

She looks so happy to be home! Congrats! I hope she lets you sleep tonight.

amanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We're so excited for you all!!

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

ha ha ha just embrace the fact that most of the time you won't have gotten ready yet...some days you won't shower ;) she us such a cutie! I obviously didn't make it to the HS friends shower but would love to get a gift to you. We're in OKC for the summer, but I'll get in touch when I'm back!

Gina said...

She's home!!!! And cute as can be. So happy for you. When you're up in the middle of the night . . just remember that you are in good company;)

Team Allen said...

yay!! she's home! I bet the nurses are having brooklyn withdrawls..she is adorable!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! She's so darling! Glad she's finally home with her mom and dad!